• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DWFII

After playing nearly 200 hours and reaching level 38, I can't help wondering what I
m missing. I have collected a number of weapons that were rewards for finishing a quest...like Dawnbrraker and the Staff of the Magus. And many others.

But none of them have ever seemed to be as powerful as the improved Skyforge steel I'm wielding.

The discussion about bound swords made me wonder what good is it? What good is Dawnbreaker? Sure they have some enchantments (can't remember what exactly) and sometimes I'll disenchant a weapon to apply to my current inventory but I suspect these weapons are worth more as loot to be sold than as weapons.

Again...what makes a bound sword more valuable to me as a weapon than a Skyforge sword that is exquisite or flawless? (maybe I just don't know how to use a bound sword?)

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Honest answer: It does not. I am a level 47 but i have end-game level 81 armor. Bound swords are no good trust me. My advice to you get your smithing to 100 and craft deadric set. get your alchemy to 100 next and all perks to increase the potential of your pots by 100%. Brew a smithing pot and it will I'mprove your deadric items by 135% APPROX.. This is what i did. This is just the beginning of the god-set for more info on the next steps (enchanting) +Reputation :)

Otar Killed Mah Dog XD

End Their Lives Quickly
You shoul disenchant the unique items you find then apply them to stronger equippment

ShadowGambit

Shield of solitude is unique, and can be disenchant. It will even give you an UNIQUE magic resist enchantment, stronger than the normal one.

You will have 2 DIFFERENT magic resist enchantments that you can put in 1 item. I think you can get up to 50% magic resist with this (23% +27% from the stronger magic resist). never tried though... I usually play a Breton

ShadowGambit

it is interesting that Blade of Woe is classified as unique when you can get ... 2 of them :) (by pickpocketing Astrid)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
omg u can't disenchant the blade of woe and lunar swords are not unique -.-
The Blade of Woe is unique. The fact that you can get two by using exploits doesn't change that fact. The exploited version even has its own separate ID number.

In general, in Skyrim the term unique is used to describe items that are not generic items (i.e. the kind you find as general loot and from merchants) which is why Drainblood, Drainheart and Drainspell weapons are classified as unique even though you can get several of them without using exploits.

There are several unique items that can be disenchanted so it's simply incorrect to categorically say none can be disenchanted.

ShadowGambit

I don't see how pickpocketing is an "exploit" here though.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I don't see how pickpocketing is an "exploit" here though.
Not all exploits come from a game mechanic not working as intended. Some come from using them in a way that produces results that clearly conflict with what the game tries to present. It's apparent in the game that Astrid only wields one Blade of Woe. The one on her person is the one you're supposed to be able to get from choosing the option to Destroy the Dark Brotherhood! while the other is scripted to be given to you by her during Death Incarnate, but it's undeniable that they are meant to be the same dagger.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
The Blade of Woe is unique. The fact that you can get two by using exploits doesn't change that fact. The exploited version even has its own separate ID number.

In general, in Skyrim the term unique is used to describe items that are not generic items (i.e. the kind you find as general loot and from merchants) which is why Drainblood, Drainheart and Drainspell weapons are classified as unique even though you can get several of them without using exploits.

There are several unique items that can be disenchanted so it's simply incorrect to categorically say none can be disenchanted.

Thank you...!