So, now that I have my weapons upgraded to legendary...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So now I have all my ebony weapons on Legendary. I do have a bow that I enchanted with fire way back when, and, although it's good, it seems to lack punch and runs out of juice rather quickly. I have been upgrading my enchantment regularly as well as my smithing (trying to max out each and am currently in the 90's on both). My next per would be the +25% fire (on 3/5 of the enchantment itself).

My question is, should I proceed with my plan? I want to enchant my newest bow with fire (quiet... i'm huntin' vampires!), is it the right time after I pick up the fire perk and at 3/5 or should I wait a little more? I already have my fire based ebony great sword and my soul sucking ebony great sword (that's my go to when I'm traveling cross country as I can fill a lot of gems with it).

2nd question: I have the mask of Hevnoraak that I wear all the time that I have upgraded as high as I can and am wondering which perk I am going to need to upgrade it to legendary status (it's iron, so I'm confused as to why I can't go beyond exquisite).

Thanks all!

Jaeger

Hevnoraak benefits from the daedric perk.

When I upgrade weapons I put on all my smithing equipment I bought/found and chug my best smithing potion that I bought/found. I've been ably to upgrade ebony weapons to legendary without the ebony perk. There are four smithing slots (ring, necklace, head, gauntlets). The highest of these, buying from the store is 22%. ive enchanted 25%. You can also hold the notched pickaxe in your hand. You can also have the ancient knowledge perk. The highest smithing potion I've bought was 50%.

Whisper34

I would like to add to what Jaeger wrote. I have found smithing equipment higher than 22% as I have acquired two pieces that were rated "peerless" for smithing. If you acquire enough good smithing gear and a good smithing potion and have the proper perk for the gear you are improving then enchanting can become more or less a novelty for your item. Smithing improvements don't stop at legendary. The name doesn't change, but the gear can be improved beyond the initial base legendary rating.

I made my own deadric sword and I have the daedric perk. I wear a peerless necklace that enhances one handed by 40% and I wear the nightingale gloves which I believe enhance one handed by another 30% or so. When I made the sword I used 4 pieces of smithing gear as Jaeger said. Two of those pieces were peerless. I also used a smiting potion that I bought. My smiting was 100 when I did it and as stated I had the perk for daedric. When I use that sword wearing my one-handed fortifiers I do around 450 points in damage a whack. I ask what would it matter if I did an extra 20-30 with fire or shock or whatever? I already kill things ridiculously easily anyway. Mind you this is done without using the fortify restoration alchemy loop.

If you concentrate on enhancing smithing enough then enchanting is just a novelty act IMO.

As far as the mask goes smithing perks don't apply to many of the unique items, but if you use enough improved smithing gear you will get it improved to legendary.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts