PC Skyrim won't get past the Bethesda logo.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Torok

I'm on PC, I have Skyrim on Steam, I currently have 50 mods. I've tried getting rid of some mods, tried unticking some, maybe the mods aren't the problem because everything was ok last night. Ok, so refreshing my crappy laptop didn't work.

Hadean

apparently a few mods wont work with the latest patch.

i had the same issue (ctd after Beth logo) with the "drink, eat, sleep" mod. and only when i didnt have hearthfire. once i got the dlc all was well again.

edit: i'm not saying getting hearthfire, if you dont have it, will fix all issues! that mod was the only one that stopped it for me

Torok

Yeah, it was the eat drink sleep mod. What was that last patch about?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yeah, it was the eat drink sleep mod. What was that last patch about?
Now on Steam: Skyrim 1.8 update
  • General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
  • Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
  • Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
  • Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly

TadasJA

I'm so f****** frustrated right now... Yesterday all was fine with all 50+ mods I had but today 'NOPE !- How about a fu**ing CTD to make your day better !' been fighting with it all day trying to see what mods caused it since I did install 2 new mods but now I can't run skyrim with ANY mods without it crashing... completely reinstalled skyrim -big surprise- it worked, started installing mods I KNEW were cool with my game... now I crash again ... I'm near a point of hammer-keyboard collision ... :mad:

-EDIT-

and ofcourse right after I post about it in forums I found out my problem ... missing requirement...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts