• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I have always thought how much do the people of Skyrim get paid any ideas for how much a farmer or a guard would get paid also do u think there is anyways to convert septims into pounds(£) and dollars($), I would love to know how much a sweetroll would cost in £ lol. (I know its a stupid thread but im very curious lol)

I don't think they get paid much. Though with the "Prowler's Profit" even ordinary people seem to have a gem or two hidden away. Although the Draugr are the best for keeping shiny stones in their burial urns.

Shadow King

yea im sure they get paid next to nothing and I done a quest for a sea captain and he told me I will give u a sailers yearly wage think I got 1000 or 1500 gold of him but u cant trust that because it was probably a leveled reward.

maybe for a farmer u could watch the rate they work at and determine how much wheat and cabbages etc they would dig up, over a 8-10 shift and then see how much they buy wheat etc off you for? but im sure it would perhaps be a very flawed way of doing things, then we would still not know how much tax they pay either :sadface:

or we could find out how much peasants got paid in the 13th centuary and apply it to Skyrim lol

How come the beggars at Riften ( i give them a septim every time, they've had hundreds by now) can't afford better clothes? Perhaps a carriage ride to Radiant Raiments might be a better tip. Must be the Skooma.

scarey

Well I'm selling apples to traders for 3 Septims. They need to add their profit so if they are selling a mere apple for say 4 Septims an annual salary of 1000-1500 will not go far.

Agent of Shadow

Dragon Priest
They must have inflated prices in Skyrim if one Septim is equivalent to $1. :p

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
is this the ideas centre for future skyrim dlc ideas?
what are you calling it? The Elder Scroll's - Skyrim - Pitch Fork?

lol soz but an interesting idea for a post, if you remember in river wood when you give carolita velarius the letter from fendal, he says heres some money i saved up from working at the mill (25 Gold) makes me think it must be 2-3 septums a day maybe?

I wouldn't want to know the exchange rate. Knowing my character has 4 million more dollars than i do might make me want to kill him, the thieving, back stabbing murderer. Who says crime doesn't pay? In Skyrim it's actively encouraged. Must be the reason behind the "pegi 16" rating.

scarey

I did a DB quest where you have to go and meet a contact to get a contract to kill an itinerant worker. The contact was someone I would say is a long way down the chain of making a success out of life, but still gave me 1200 Septims.

Bone Of The Foz

I wouldn't want to know the exchange rate. Knowing my character has 4 million more dollars than i do might make me want to kill him, the thieving, back stabbing murderer. Who says crime doesn't pay? In Skyrim it's actively encouraged. Must be the reason behind the "pegi 16" rating.

i think its more for the same sex marrage thing really lol, but yeh living in skyrim is quite hazardous to your health admittedly, dragons, vampires, ginormous saber toothed cats, spiders that would terrify a arachnid speciallist, and not to mention those horrible lizards...ooops ment Argonians lol

Argonian's aren't too bad. I like is the one in the Riften Fishery who helped me purchase Honeyside by giving up the Skooma. She was very sweet, even if she does sound like the owner of the Bee and Barb.

Bone Of The Foz

LoL she does dosent she, im basing my preduice on jarre and that other bitch in solidue, hate those 2 and cant kill them with out doing there quest GRR

Shadow King

is this the ideas centre for future skyrim dlc ideas?
what are you calling it? The Elder Scroll's - Skyrim - Pitch Fork?

lol soz but an interesting idea for a post, if you remember in river wood when you give carolita velarius the letter from fendal, he says heres some money i saved up from working at the mill (25 Gold) makes me think it must be 2-3 septums a day maybe?

great example with faendal there, when someone says I saved up they dont mean they saved up for a week (who would save up for a week :S) to me if someone said that u would think at least 3 weeks (maybe lol) so yea 25 gold its defo more than a weeks wage for him.

Shadow King

Well I'm selling apples to traders for 3 Septims. They need to add their profit so if they are selling a mere apple for say 4 Septims an annual salary of 1000-1500 will not go far.

That makes perfect sense with the apples, and if an apple costs someone 4 septims yes 1000-1500 septims a year wont go far, but heres the thing I highly doubt they can even be on that kind of wages because off one reason, homes you can buy a house for 5000 septims I cant see a farmer or guard being able to buy a house within say 3-5 years, I just dont think a farmer would get paid 1500 septims a year because thats like 30% of the value of a house (im bad at maths but sounds right) hope u follow what im saying lol.

one more thing lol, so say a farmer could buy a 5000 septim house within 3-5 years after that he could probs start a small buisness for say another 5000 septims, so that would take him at most 10years so he allready has a buisness and home, but if they were on those wages the old farmer outside markarth has been farming all his life, he wouldn't need to if he could aquire propertys at such speeds. but he and his wife are probs 70 and still slaving away like peasants lol

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Someone like a city guard would probably make pretty good money. Someone like a farmer who wouldn't make so much money in a medieval society probably wouldn't need so much anyway; he'd be very self-sufficient. He would hunt and grow his own food and repair his own tools, house, and clothes. A medieval peasant wore many hats.