Skyrim ON PC AND Why You Should Get IT!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

yuck. mmo's suck. sorry, but, if I wanted to play with a bunch of people I don't know that will only make fun of how unskilled I am and criticize my refusal to cooperate with them, I'll go to a singles bar.
dont worry this has been in development for 5 years! its pretty much elder scrolls but online

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
damn your a year behind to know lol :D

I just assumed that they were planning on introducing online options for the next installment. Not going full blown mmo.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
dont worry this has been in development for 5 years! its pretty much elder scrolls but online
Well, it's as good an excuse as any to try out the play, but I refuse to MMO. No way, no how. I tried it with the Lord of the Rings latest one and it just plain sucks. Everybody thinks they know everything and makes fun of you for not being as "skilled" as they are (i.e. having spent the last 6 months in the Mom's basement all by themselves playing it). I don't like playing with strangers. If the option is to simply play the game through online download, cool, but not MMO. Kinda like the new xBox and PS4 think everybody is going to want to "share" everything on Facebook. Get with the times guys, Facebook is so 3 years ago. Do you really want you Aunt Fanny seeing the slutty outfits I put my characters in to?

LotusEater

this is for that one person who did not know this was comming out :)

Lol, I knew it was coming out, but like I said, I just assumed it would be an option, not the focus. Thanks for the vid.

Daelon DuLac

not full blown think of it like this
70% TES
30% MMO
How about 100% TES and screw the MMO? Are ya listening developer? Are ya? If you do it, I'll bring you some cookies (or would you prefer Scooby Snacks?)

LotusEater

lol just messing with ya XD

It's all good. I'm not much for research when it comes to new games. I'm kinda old school and like surprises. First time I've ever seen that vid if you can believe it (wow).

@jarif- What does that mean? Are you saying that 30% of the content won't be available unless you are online?

Suleku

The Grey Knight
It's all good. I'm not much for research when it comes to new games. I'm kinda old school and like surprises. First time I've ever seen that vid if you can believe it (wow).

@jarif- What does that mean? Are you saying that 30% of the content won't be available unless you are online?

nah what he means is.... 80% of the game will be a single player experience lol, and the rest epeen Pvp LMAO! like all mmorpgs now a days :p oooh forgot 1% ERP ~.~

LotusEater

nah what he means is.... 80% of the game will be a single player experience lol, and the rest epeen Pvp LMAO! like all mmorpgs now a days :p oooh forgot 1% ERP ~.~

I see. Thx.

I actually shudder to think what will happen if/when I make the leap to PC. I'm all about cuztomization when it's available. I fear I may spend more time installing mods than actually using them. :/

Daelon DuLac

Just had a friend offer to build me a slammin system for 1K that would put the Defense Department Simulators to shame (she's a PC Gamer from way back and runs her own WoW servers along with 1/2 a dozen others). I think I might just go for it! Be a nice birthday present to myself. Now to convince the wife... I know - I'll buy all the new Lego and Batman games along with a PS4. Maybe that'll shut 'em up. :)

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I hate online gaming.

And when/if I do get a PC, I won't do any crazy stuff. Just new races, outfits, spells, blah blah, blah

NiteMare

Presto Change'O !!
I think I'd go for a tower model for higher ram, storage and the ability to upgrade cards easily (I have a friend who's good at that sort of stuff) for the best graphics, sound and processing. I suppose any of the recommended ones would work. I'll look in to it. Found a nice dell, a nice gateway and a nice hp for around 1K USD with 3 tbs storage.
I have quite the experience on computers, and there're several computers you should stay away from:: Dell- Dell has a lot of back light problems, slow, and not built for gaming needs. HP- HP's tend to literally fall apart, also not gamer friendly. Now with that said there're plenty of others that are completely useless as well I wont go any further.

Cheap gaming PC's

Now gateways usually run a bit slow, there considered Medium End computers, they do how 'ever possess the capacity to play games efficiently. Toshiba Medium to High End, You can get these with 1Tb HD 8Gb ram also Radeon HD Graphics <Medium End graphics. good gaming PC. Samsung, medium-High End there a bit more expensive, If what you are looking for is the NVidia GeForce Intel Core i7 these are going to run about $800 -$1,000 great starter computer for gaming.

Sean

lost somewhere
I have quite the experience on computers, and there're several computers you should stay away from:: Dell- Dell has a lot of back light problems, slow, and not built for gaming needs. HP- HP's tend to literally fall apart, also not gamer friendly. Now with that said there're plenty of others that are completely useless as well I wont go any further.

Cheap gaming PC's

Now gateways usually run a bit slow, there considered Medium End computers, they do how 'ever possess the capacity to play games efficiently. Toshiba Medium to High End, You can get these with 1Tb HD 8Gb ram also Radeon HD Graphics <Medium End graphics. good gaming PC. Samsung, medium-High End there a bit more expensive, If what you are looking for is the NVidia GeForce Intel Core i7 these are going to run about $800 -$1,000 great starter computer for gaming.

Always better off just building it.

Never even looked inside a computer before I put mine together, so it can be done with almost no prior experience, and you can make it better for less money.

I remember seeing a computer that had extremely similar specs to mine, but priced somewhere between $1000-1200, but my computer only cost me about $700-$800.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts