PC Skyrim for Dummies?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mappam7

I just got this game yesterday and have been "learning as I go" kinda thing.....

So I read some of the forums, read some of the guides, bought the LARGE EXPENSIVE official manual (with teenie tiny print lol).

Still can't figure out a few things....

1) How do you toggle Fight Stance to normal? I am always ready to fight except when I try to cook something.

2) I am finding the UI confusing. I have to stop and think each time I go to change weapons or check the map.....I am more use to all of the "icons" on my screen - showing spells, weapons, inventory etc. Is there an easy way to remember it all or a Basic Guide (the one that came with the game is pretty good - showing the keyboard layout - but backslash for skills?? really??

3) So - is there a Skyrim for Dummies guide out yet - has someone done a "basics" guide (that I have not found yet). a really easy to 'walkthrough' the start until you Get-It?

Thanks so much in advance for any information or links - I really appreciate it.

PS - I do Not remember having this much trouble with Oblivian or Morrowind - did I just forget? LOL

TeggyGoneMad

I just got this game yesterday and have been "learning as I go" kinda thing.....

So I read some of the forums, read some of the guides, bought the LARGE EXPENSIVE official manual (with teenie tiny print lol).

Still can't figure out a few things....

1) How do you toggle Fight Stance to normal? I am always ready to fight except when I try to cook something.

2) I am finding the UI confusing. I have to stop and think each time I go to change weapons or check the map.....I am more use to all of the "icons" on my screen - showing spells, weapons, inventory etc. Is there an easy way to remember it all or a Basic Guide (the one that came with the game is pretty good - showing the keyboard layout - but backslash for skills?? really??

3) So - is there a Skyrim for Dummies guide out yet - has someone done a "basics" guide (that I have not found yet). a really easy to 'walkthrough' the start until you Get-It?

Thanks so much in advance for any information or links - I really appreciate it.

PS - I do Not remember having this much trouble with Oblivian or Morrowind - did I just forget? LOL

1 not sure on a pc, but its all the same, i guess just defrent keys, anyways you can shead you weapion so you not in fighting stance, on a xbox is the blue x, on pc i belive it was key pad R on ps3, don´t ask, i dont own one, and i don´t care.. But a book for skyrim for dummies, thats just dumb, No it havent changed much since oblivion, morriwind well mostly everything changed in oblivion. but the gameplay is mostly the same, just items and the way you lvl training your skills, has alittle change since oblivion, but mostly all the same, you now got perks and a spec you can put perks in, to enhance you skills

2. the best way of learing is to do, go out there and explore, but be at mind of markart and the forsworen quest, as its bugged, and havent been solved yet. there is alot of books in skyrim, and many of thise books., contains tips and help, for things as alcy and smithing and so on. now you said you already bought a book, and if the same book you get when buying the special addition to xbox, you get a book with about 1000 pages, thats you´re skyrim book of dummies, as everything you need to learn about skyrim quest items shines dragons and so much more, is written in this book..

hope it helped you out alittle, if not, there is alot of forums and easy hands out out there