SkyRe and Magic; is Frost worth investing in?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lockeandkey

Hey all, pretty quick question I guess. I'm looking to try a full-on mage/sorcerer while using Skyrim Redone, ASIS, and the Apocalypse spell package. The RP idea I have in my head is of an elderly Wizard-of-Winter kind of guy, and I was wondering if Frost magic was more useful with SkyRe than it was in vanilla. I know it was "viable" in the base game, because technically everything was, but since I'm using SkyRe and ASIS, and the combat will be much harder, I'm wondering if the frost resists that so many people and creatures in Skyrim have will be too much of a problem.

I'm especially concerned about the "Soul" perks near the end of the destruction tree that take away the other elements and their respective atronachs. I want to specialize, and I'd love to have destruction as my primary damage dealer, but I might have to rethink my plan if frost isn't as improved as I'd hoped it was.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Lockeandkey

I created a separate post in General, where it seems more appropriate. If a mod wants to lock or delete this thread, that's alright with me.

zane

Sorry that no one has responded to your query.

As for exact specifics, I do not know, but I will say that SkyRe makes a lot of fighting stamina based, seeing how how frost spells lower enemy stamina as well as slow them down, I feel that it'd be greatly appreciated -- only against warrior enemies though.