• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

yuyudude

Been playing a lot of Skyrim lately and have been getting some sweet skills. Just reached level 70 on my heavy armor and realized that there's a perk that makes all your heavy armor weigh nothing. Um, really? That seems a bit op to me. What's the point of using light armor if you can just get a high skill level with heavy and use that skill? This skill is just one of many that drastically change the way you play the game. I'm a level 30 orc playing on Adept and I feel like a god a lot of the time. I've been tempted to turn up my difficulty but found when I do this whenever I fight some sort of boss character I just get owned so very, very, hard. Does anyone else agree that maybe the perks should of been toned down a bit?

Logan

I believe they're fine because along with the heavy armor weighing nothing it's still going to make noise so that will turn off anyone who wants to be stealthy.

What difficulty are you currently playing on?

yuyudude

I believe they're fine because along with the heavy armor weighing nothing it's still going to make noise so that will turn off anyone who wants to be stealthy.

What difficulty are you currently playing on?
Been playing on the one right above Adept (I forget what it's called). This seems to toughen the vanilla enemies you find in a cave but I am really having trouble with bosses. You know what I mean, like to the point where the game starts to cease to be fun and seems more like a chore. I could turn down the diff for bosses I guess but that just makes me feel like such a cheater.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
yes but that perk also requires level 100 to get and also a couple crappy perks if im not mistaken.

Dcon6393

The perk requires level 70 Heavy Armor along with the 2 perks between the base Heavy Armor perk and itself. In terms of it being "over powered" I would say no. You have to train your heavy armor up to 70 first.

In terms of a stealthy character, you could always wear muffle boots. You get a pair very early on in the Dark Brotherhood. So it is entirely possible to make a stealth character with heavy armor if you want to train your heavy armor to 70

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
The perk requires level 70 Heavy Armor along with the 2 perks between the base Heavy Armor perk and itself. In terms of it being "over powered" I would say no. You have to train your heavy armor up to 70 first.

In terms of a stealthy character, you could always wear muffle boots. You get a pair very early on in the Dark Brotherhood. So it is entirely possible to make a stealth character with heavy armor if you want to train your heavy armor to 70
Better idea to enchant a pair of heavy boots with muffle, since what you get from DB and TG are usually (always iirc) light armor, and you'd want the heavy armor bonus. It's what I do.

Dcon6393

Better idea to enchant a pair of heavy boots with muffle, since what you get from DB and TG are usually (always iirc) light armor, and you'd want the heavy armor bonus. It's what I do.

oh yeah definitely, I just meant so people could find a pair to disenchant... oh wait, can you disenchant those? I should remember since I just got them yesterday haha

Deadhand

Erm.... I would think you can disenchant them...? I see what you mean now, though. Good point. :)

Dcon6393

I want to say you can only disenchant one of the cowls you get and maybe one of the pairs of boots. I forget

J747L

IIRC the heavy armor weighing nothing was on Oblivion at level 100. So the mechanic has been in the game for a long time.

What I consider overpowered was the sneak skill that allowed you to be undetected even when running.

Deadhand

What I consider overpowered was the sneak skill that allowed you to be undetected even when running.
I didn't find that too overpowered, because it still takes in to consideration your armor making sound (if it does) and the light cast on you. Even with it I've been detected when being careless, thinking that perk did more than it does. It just takes the walking or running out of the equation.

Dcon6393

Why? It is a level 70 perk that you probably won't get until later on in the game. If we are going off of sheer power, the level 100 enchanting perk is overpowered. Since that takes forever to get I feel like it is a suitable reward

Deadhand

Why? It is a level 70 perk that you probably won't get until later on in the game. If we are going off of sheer power, the level 100 enchanting perk is overpowered. Since that takes forever to get I feel like it is a suitable reward
I would almost agree with this, but honestly the buffing of enchantments is probably more OP (if there can be something overpowered in a one-player game...) than 2 buffs on an item. In the beginning I was all dorking out over being able to put +13% to archery on 4 items... by the end of the game I was putting +40% to archery on four items... THAT is OP. Especially with my blacksmithing making a daedric bow with a base damage of 136 (with improvement to legendary) and that is NOT even me truely min/maxing, which would require me to max alchemy too, and go back and forth with alch and enchanting making better alch gear, then better ench gear and so on, until I had the best of the best for both, the best BS gear, the best BS pots, and then crafting and improving a daedric bow. I think the bonus I saw up to would be around +149% gear only don't remember what the pot was, whereas the above numbers I got were capable with +100% on gear and +40% on a pot. Even on master I one shot all lesser creatures, and 2 to 3 shot "boss" creatures, and take barely slivers of damage when (if...) hit.

Dcon6393

I would almost agree with this, but honestly the buffing of enchantments is probably more OP (if there can be something overpowered in a one-player game...) than 2 buffs on an item. In the beginning I was all dorking out over being able to put +13% to archery on 4 items... by the end of the game I was putting +40% to archery on four items... THAT is OP. Especially with my blacksmithing making a daedric bow with a base damage of 136 (with improvement to legendary) and that is NOT even me truely min/maxing, which would require me to max alchemy too, and go back and forth with alch and enchanting making better alch gear, then better ench gear and so on, until I had the best of the best for both, the best BS gear, the best BS pots, and then crafting and improving a daedric bow. I think the bonus I saw up to would be around +149% gear only don't remember what the pot was, whereas the above numbers I got were capable with +100% on gear and +40% on a pot. Even on master I one shot all lesser creatures, and 2 to 3 shot "boss" creatures, and take barely slivers of damage when (if...) hit.

Oh yeah, those are definitely a bit over powered, but you have to take a total of 5 perks in order to do so, so it is not that terrible. I put about 33% increases on my stuff right now and I see a nice bonus when using my Daedric Bow. Once I make a full set of fortify smithing armor and make a better daedric bow I might notice an even bigger difference haha. Once you hit level 100 on Smithing, Alchemy, and Enchanting it can get out of hand fast.

Actually, there is something that is a bit overpowered now that I think about it. Dual wield daedric daggers with the Assassin's Blade perk and Shrouded Gloves. This adds up to base damage of 1 dagger x60 with a sneak attack. Pure ridiculousness. I have tested this to the best of my ability and I do believe you get all of those bonuses.

Deadhand

Dual wield daedric daggers with the Assassin's Blade perk and Shrouded Gloves. This adds up to base damage of 1 dagger x60 with a sneak attack. Pure ridiculousness. I have tested this to the best of my ability and I do believe you get all of those bonuses.
Yeah, I have that perk and the required items... just sick and wrong. A SAPA (Sneak Attack Power Attack) with dual Legendary Daedric Daggers is just wrong... and I love it. :)

Dcon6393

Yeah, I have that perk and the required items... just sick and wrong. A SAPA (Sneak Attack Power Attack) with dual Legendary Daedric Daggers is just wrong... and I love it. :)

It is quite crazy. I also enchant mine with absorb health, which makes it equally as evil. As if the 2000+ damage was not enough

The pickpocket skill is too overpowered. Unique NPC's each carry a few hundred gold coins' worth of jewelry, and you level up every time you steal a few items. You could simply become filthy rich by selling it to the guys at the thieves' guild

Deadhand

The pickpocket skill is too overpowered. Unique NPC's each carry a few hundred gold coins' worth of jewelry, and you level up every time you steal a few items. You could simply become filthy rich by selling it to the guys at the thieves' guild
It caps out at 90%, forcing you (if you don't want to get caught) to save and reload a LOT. I maxed out my PP today, and honestly I'm not going to pickpocket much anymore.

It caps out at 90%, forcing you (if you don't want to get caught) to save and reload a LOT. I maxed out my PP today, and honestly I'm not going to pickpocket much anymore.
That was never a problem for me. The only times I had to save in case I get caught was when I was pickpocketing a powerful enchanted item or something.

I've had to load an auto save a few times because I was caught pickpocketing invaluable things but that doesn't really bother me