• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

benjamina

Hi folks

I'm well on my way to becoming a Dark Brotherhood member. I've been to sleep and woken in the abandonded shed, met a cat lady and killed an annoying prisoner for her. I've now been told the password, for the safe haven in the southern pine forests, but when I arrive there, "silence, brother" isn't an available option. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
It doesn't seem to be a known bug on any of the major sites, but if you're on a PC, you may want to try the console command 'coc DarkBrotherhoodSanctuary'. This will at least get you into the sanctuary and hopefully let you continue your quests.

Nakatsu_Hime

It was the top one on the PS3 version, but that's academic as you don't get it at all.

Did the skull-door speak to you before proffering any choices?

benjamina

Ok so I got inside using the console and met a delightful bunch. i now have the problem that Astrid isn't present. The bedouin type chap told me I must have missed her at the black door entrance but she is nowhere to be seen. This glitch seems to be snowballing! Any advice would be gladly welcomed.

Nakatsu_Hime

I probably think the console command confused it.

They're not a very nice group of people. None I'd want to invite home to introduce to my Mum. Anyway, all Astrid does is bloody moan, and give you contracts that she's far too lazy to do herself.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Are you using any mods?

Go back to a saved game prior to trying to speak with the door to the Sanctuary and type the console command sqs db02, which will show what stages of the quest have been recognized by the game as completed. Stages 10, 30 and 40 should all return a value of 1.