• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Titanburner

Premium Member
So I know there are still some changes being made to the forums, but now the Shout Box for me isn't working. (And probably some other people around here that post from work/school that have firewalls that block certain categories.) Just a request that if the category or whatever controls that was changed somewhere in the code to "Gaming" or something along those lines... is there any way to change it back? One of the things that led me to these forums was it was one of the only sites not blocked lol. Not sure why, but it wasn't thankfully.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
It will be back... and aww, the work blocked it? I really can't do anything. D:

Titanburner

Premium Member
It will be back... and aww, the work blocked it? I really can't do anything. D:
Yea it was working up until this morning though. Now it's drawing the "advertisements and popups" categorization for some reason.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Have you tried using a 3rd party ad blocking service to see if that changes anything?
No this isn't really an option as the blocking is coming from my firewall at work. The ways around it isn't worth the risk for me. I can still do everything else besides the shoutbox which i'm thankful for. I was just wondering if it would be a simple fix for Renegader on his end. If not, then it's really no biggy.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
The funny thing about firewalls at work is that they do have a log of what everyone goes to, and in most cases they could fire you if they wanted to for personal use of company time. So, yea it is best to be careful about what you do at your job. I for one do not recommend trying to circumvent anything in place by your job.

Titanburner

Premium Member
The funny thing about firewalls at work is that they do have a log of what everyone goes to, and in most cases they could fire you if they wanted to for personal use of company time. So, yea it is best to be careful about what you do at your job. I for one do not recommend trying to circumvent anything in place by your job.
Yep, I definitely am aware of this. I'm only on here when I have everything completed though, and thankfully i'm high enough up to where I don't have to worry about it as much.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts