Should I do all the quests before making a new characer?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

UnfaithfulServant

Silence, my brother...
Title says all c:

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
You learn so much by going through as much as you can in Skyrim before you give up a character. I think after a while, you just know, "Hey, I can do this so much better than I did". That's when you start a new character.

NinjaStarGod

no because your character is unique and will not benefit from all quests, for example whats the point in doing the Companions for a pure mage build or vise verisa with a Pure warrior doing the college of winterhold

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
it's all good. I'm always a mage first. I do it all. The game adapts.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Don't do everything on one character; can rob the fun.
Every playthrough has the potential to be much different.
My current character is my fifth but it's the second time I'm doing Dawnguards main quest and the first time as a Vampire.
Also did a character where I did the entirety of the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild questlines all before bringing Farengar the Dragonstone. Skyrim sure felt weird without any dragon attacks.

Nighthiker77

I usually do a few of the guild questlines because it's a lot more fun than grinding to level. If you are running around looking for stuff to kill, it might as well be for quests.

I almost always do the Dark Brotherhood first for Windshear, but could go anywhere from there.

If you are doing a few, it's best to do the thieves guild last, since most of the rewards are Leveled. The others have very few or no leveled rewards, so they are better to do first. Of course, by middle levels, money is worthless, so thievery doesn't have much purpose.