• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I'm short on time, so this will definitely need revision later, but I just want to get this out here while I can.

Avidius
    denzel_washington-1.jpg

(Yeah, I just went and got a picture of a celebrity, I'm not at all original, whatever :p)

INFO
    » NAME Avidius
    » ALIAS The Sentinel
    » AGE Mid-forties
    » RACE Redguard
    » BIRTH DATE 1st of First Seed
    » BIRTH PLACE Hammerfell, Nirn
    » BIRTH SIGN The Tower
    » CLASS Sentinel
    » GENDER Male
    » HEIGHT 6'7"
    » WEIGHT 233
    » BMI 26.2
    » BUILD Stocky and muscular
    » LATERALITY Left-handed
    » SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    » MARITAL STATUS Widower
    » PROPERTIES None
    » AFFILIATION None
    » ALIGNMENT Chaotic Neutral/Good

» AFFLICTIONS None
    » RELIGION Yoku Pantheon
    » HABITS Staring down potential threats
    » HOBBIES Intricate traditional artistry

PERSONALITY
    » POSITIVE TRAITS Stalwart, uncompromising, logical, resillient
    » NEGATIVE TRAITS Sometimes close-minded and dogmatic, fights for beliefs at the cost of people
    » LIKES Seeing his idea of justice done, tradition
    » DISLIKES Relativity and gray areas, those who try to cast aside tradition
    » FEARS Seeing his culture die
    » ASPIRATIONS To keep his heritage alive
    EQUIPMENT
    » ARMOR A set of heavy alloy armor the color of Dwarven metal, bearing ornate handmade engravings painted in with navy blue. Other than the engravings, the armor is smooth and minimal, with a roomy helmet equiped with HUD suite, Net uplink, and a hardened glass visor, the inward visibility of which can be toggled. Underneath the armor is a navy kevlar bodysuit.
    » WEAPONS AND UTILITIES A heavy battle rifle matching his armor, which fires powerful blaster bolts and has a slug shotgun underbarrel attachment, along with a matching katana vibro-blade. He has powerful last-resort beam blasters built into his armor on the underside of the forearms.

RELATIONS
    » Thalmor [DISLIKES] – The Thalmor have contradicted Avidius' cultural sensibilities for ages, and they continue to do so.

» Empire [DISLIKES] Avidius feels the same way about the Empire and the Thalmor, though he views the Empire as more directly responsible for his culture's decline.

» The Thieves Guild [DISLIKES] – Avidius feels that stealing is wrong.

» Mercenaries [NEUTRAL] – Avidius sees warriors as a honorable class of person, but he finds it disappointing that some mercs will fight for the wrong cause or for coin over a cause.

HISTORY
    » Avidius was the product of an increasingly rare traditional Redguard upbringing. In the age of mass culture, global cities, and instant communication, Redguard culture was languishing and dwindling; as such, every true Redguard was raised to be a guardian of the people - the traditional people, that is, not those viewed as sellouts - and Avidius was no different. He grew up in a home devoted to the Yoku gods, learning about ancient Redguard history and feeling pride in his race. He was largely isolated from Imperial culture as a young man, until the Empire began to push for assimilation on the part of traditional holdouts. At 19, he was an ardent anti-Imperial; at 22, he was put on an Imperial dissenters' watchlist; and at 25, he took up the mantle of Sentinel. The title, created out of necessity, was borne by Redguard men who pledged to uphold and further the ideals of the Yoku pantheon by whatever means necessary, and to carry with them the remnants of Redguard culture.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I won't be able to post until tomorrow night :/ I'll make it a long one. Btw Shaded, myself and Wolfbane have decided our character will be together. I'm goon to try and integrate the meeting into my first post.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, seeing as Baneloth has already posted, obviously not.

EpicVakarian

xD Ah well. I'll try and get a post up in the morning; me and Wolf are trying to make our intros integrate with each other, so I would imagine Wolf will post soon :/

EpicVakarian

I can post any time now; as soon as either Wolf or Blackwhite posts, I'll make another.

EpicVakarian

Okay, until the time comes when we know what it is that is the real threat, I'm just going to make La'ara fight criminals.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Blackwhite, I don't know if Xzavier should hate your character and see him as a rival sniper, or respect him and be friends with him.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Shaded, I know the backstory was a bit weak and I intend to improve that and submit it tomorrow, but was the culture stuff I did with Avidius okay, or should I change it too?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    The culture stuff was fine.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Avidius
    denzel_washington-1.jpg

(Yeah, I just went and got a picture of a celebrity, I'm not at all original, whatever :p)

INFO
    » NAME Avidius
    » ALIAS The Sentinel
    » AGE Mid-forties
    » RACE Redguard
    » BIRTH DATE 1st of First Seed
    » BIRTH PLACE Hammerfell, Nirn
    » BIRTH SIGN The Tower
    » CLASS Sentinel
    » GENDER Male
    » HEIGHT 6'7"
    » WEIGHT 233
    » BMI 26.2
    » BUILD Stocky and muscular
    » LATERALITY Left-handed
    » SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    » MARITAL STATUS Widower
    » PROPERTIES None
    » AFFILIATION None
    » ALIGNMENT Chaotic Neutral/Good

» AFFLICTIONS None
    » RELIGION Yoku Pantheon
    » HABITS Staring down potential threats
    » HOBBIES Intricate traditional artistry

PERSONALITY
    » POSITIVE TRAITS Stalwart, uncompromising, logical, resilient
    » NEGATIVE TRAITS Sometimes close-minded and dogmatic, fights for beliefs at the cost of people
    » LIKES Seeing his idea of justice done, tradition
    » DISLIKES Relativity and gray areas, those who try to cast aside tradition
    » FEARS Seeing his culture die
    » ASPIRATIONS To keep his heritage alive

APPEARANCE
    » HAIR LENGTH Pictured
    » HAIR COLOR Pictured
    » FACIAL HAIR Pictured
    » EYE COLOR Pale Green
    » SKIN COLOR Pictured
    » SCARS One across his chest from upper left side to his middle just above his stomach, gained by fighting without his armor on
    » ATTIRE (CASUAL) Avidius wears a simple pair of pants and a shirt, along with a large navy blue cloak

EQUIPMENT
    » ARMOR A set of heavy alloy armor the color of Dwarven metal, bearing ornate handmade engravings painted in with navy blue. Other than the engravings, the armor is smooth and minimal, with a roomy helmet equiped with HUD suite, Net uplink, and a hardened glass visor, the inward visibility of which can be toggled. The right forearm piece has a device that allows Avidius to channel his Restoration magic into a reinforced ward that is projected from the forearm. The armor is worn over a navy kevlar bodysuit.
    » WEAPONS AND UTILITIES A heavy battle rifle matching his armor, which fires powerful blaster bolts and has a slug shotgun underbarrel attachment, along with a matching katana vibro-blade. He has powerful last-resort beam blasters built into his armor on the underside of the forearms.

RELATIONS
    » Thalmor [DISLIKES] – The Thalmor have contradicted Avidius' cultural sensibilities for ages, and they continue to do so.

» Empire [DISLIKES/ENEMIES] Avidius feels the same way about the Empire and the Thalmor, though he views the Empire as more directly responsible for his culture's decline. Their policies have even brought him to violence, though he is not actively pursued by the Empire.

» The Thieves Guild [DISLIKES] – Avidius feels that stealing is wrong.

» Mercenaries [NEUTRAL] – Avidius sees warriors as a honorable class of person, but he finds it disappointing that some mercs will fight for the wrong cause or for coin over a cause.

HISTORY
    » Background Avidius was born to a lower middle-class family in the outskirts of Hegathe - the ancient city turned sprawling modern mega-port. The Empire, having witnessed massive population growth over the past century, sought a method of keeping the masses under control - or at least "out of sight, out of mind" - and turned to a strategy of mass assimilation; Avidius' family, with traditional and ancient Ra Gada roots, saw the effects of this firsthand. Worship of the Yoku gods and teaching of the once proud Redguard warrior tradition became the criteria for sizable tax increases and frequent Imperial surveillance, as the last thing the Empire needed was someone who thought differently than the majority of the population, and if one did not wish to be crushed under the weight of the interplanetary Empire, one would comply. A similar policy saw use in Elsweyr, Morrowind, and a number of other Imperial states. So, Avidius was born in a climate of cultural tension.

» Childhood Growing up around the space docks, Avidius was able to learn an amalgam of fighting techniques that constituted the 'Redguard warrior tradition;' his father taught him to use the family's heirloom vibro-blade reasonably well, and the collection of characters that streamed in and out of the Hegathe port taught him how to use a firearm; his mother also taught him some basic Restoration, particularly the effective use of wards. His parents were stern followers of the Yoku gods despite the Empire's pressure, molding Avidius into the mindset that he had to fight if he wanted to live his life. This was further contributed to by hearing his parents fret over all the trouble the Empire gave them. The young Redguard was largely educated by his mother and himself, and despite his family's limited resources for him to learn from, he proved bright; he also took a liking to learning of Redguard history, creating traditional art as a hobby.

» Adulthood By the time he officially became a man, Avidius' mother had died, and Avidius was working odd jobs to help support his aging father and new wife, Jei. The Empire continued to crack down and push for assimilation, targeting long-time holdouts in particular. One night, the same night that Avidius was given the set of armor and the battle rifle that had been passed down through his family for generations, some Imperials decided to pay Avidius' small family home a visit; when they broke down the door, his father dropped dead from a heart attack, and his wife was shot upon trying to attend the fallen man. Avidius, who had only just donned the family suit of armor, quickly slew the soldiers in a rage. Without a second thought, he arranged both corpses in a respectful manner, said a quick death rite, and took his family's weapons and a pair of clothes to the spaceport, catching a ship to Theren. With the heat dying down, Avidius made it his duty to fight for his embattled people and culture; he became the Sentinel, and from then on he traveled the galaxy, answering to no one but his values and delivering his idea of good to his idea of evil.

» Present Twenty years later, Avidius' travels took him to Shadow Station; it was a sleazy place, and Avidus decided that he would clean it up. In the process, he found that something strange was happening on the station...

EpicVakarian

Wolf, I'm planning for La'ara and Vex to get closer to each other and get to know each other better, then La'ara will tell him her name.