Sam Guevenne is...a stalker!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KattSand

Premium Member
So since the latest patch (I'm playing on xbox) Sam Guevenne is showing up in the strangest locations, places he's definitely not supposed to be in considering I've already done the quest he gives you. If I talk to him, the quest to have drinks with him show up under the misc section, but I can't interact with him any further.

Yesterday I found him standing in the water near the shrine of talos in whiterun, this morning I found him in the hall of the dead in whiterun (necrophilia much? :eek:) and just now as I started playing again I found him here...in jorrvaskr (sorry about the crappy quality, and also, love the look on cicero's face :D well half his face )
DSC3L.jpg

Clearly he's stalking me to get some more of that sweet action that only a dragonborn can provide with. I find this very amusing, I like Sam so I don't mind having him around but it is a very strange glitch, has anyone else experienced anything like this? I thought the patch was supposed to FIX the duplicating npc glitch.

As a bonus I also found Vignar gray-mane in jorrvaskr at the same time, walking with a plate around his waist (clearly Sam's doing), I love this game!
cAKIa.jpg

Saozig

Hippy
Wild. I'm on Xbox too and got the patch. The only thing I've noticed since that patch is NPC's feet passing through ground textures when they walk or stand and occasionally, a follower casually impales him/herself with a shield I give them. Both are annoying to look at, but not a big issue. Additionally some of the issues i was having since adding Hearthfire has improved.

Both of my current characters are ignoring Sam, who in both games is hanging out at the Bannered Mare waiting for them to take him up on his drinking game. I'm love that quest but have done it with most of my prev chars, so I'm taking a break from it. But I haven't seen him anywhere else. Granted, I haven't done any of the Companion quests so he may be hanging out in Jorrvaskr when he's not at the Bannered Mare, for all I know!

Tilse

Spellsword
Hmm, well Amren was randomly in my house today. Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure random NPCs don't just waltz in your house whenever they feel like it, lol. I live in Whiterun though so I guess it's not that strange, but still.
The patch has given me more annoying issues like freezing and not being able to use spells that require charging unless I hold onto the trigger with nearly all my might. o_O

KattSand

Premium Member
Hmm, well Amren was randomly in my house today. Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure random NPCs don't just waltz in your house whenever they feel like it, lol. I live in Whiterun though so I guess it's not that strange, but still.
The patch has given me more annoying issues like freezing and not being able to use spells that require charging unless I hold onto the trigger with nearly all my might. o_O

There's somethimg about Whiterun that's just messed up, a while back I had npc's dying for no reason on the streets, the town got empty pretty fast. I too have had problems with casting spells since the patch, they just won't charge normally, especially when dual casting.

KattSand

Premium Member
Wild. I'm on Xbox too and got the patch. The only thing I've noticed since that patch is NPC's feet passing through ground textures when they walk or stand and occasionally, a follower casually impales him/herself with a shield I give them. Both are annoying to look at, but not a big issue. Additionally some of the issues i was having since adding Hearthfire has improved.

This is something I've noticed too, and npc's are walking around with brooms, daggers and such stuck in their hands in abnormal ways, it just looks ridiculous. Like with the plate around Vignar's waist.

SilentCO1

I had Faendal show up in my house in Solitude once. I was married to Camilla though, so I think he just had his fetish for her still. I killed him though haha.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
so if Sam shows himself again, can you re-do the quest?

KattSand

Premium Member
so if Sam shows himself again, can you re-do the quest?
No I can't, the quest to have drinks with him show up but when I try to talk to him he just repeats the same same thing, like "If you're looking for a challange you've come to the right place" but I can't actually have the drinks wih him.