Reading Forums, what do you do?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What do you do?

• Read every post

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Read the first and last only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Read first, middle, and last

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I was just curious about how people go about reading forums. When I first started getting into forums I wouldn't read every post in a thread but merely read the first post, a few in between, and the last post. Now, I actually take my time to read every post. I know people like to feel that they are being heard, so it makes me feel at ease if I'm at least reading every post to take everyone's opinion into consideration. Of course if the post is something stupid or a troll, then yea I just ignore it.

What made me write this thread is that i've noticed in a lot of the threads on here, people like to say what's already been said or give the exact same answer to a problem that's already been given. I've also noticed that some people seem to ignore some people's posts, such as one person will give a totally valid answer that differs and another person will give one and people tend to ignore one over the other.

Why am I asking this you might wonder. Well, i'm a very observant type of guy. It's not something I can switch off. I notice patterns and changes that others might not even pay attention to. Call me weird, but I just find it interesting.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
That's very true... I noticed that too. I usually read the original post semi-thoroughly and skim over the rest of the posts until the end. Sometimes, I do miss some important details that might make my post seem redundant or ignorant. I try not to be but sometimes, it's just unavoidable.

PaperTulip

I read every post, and only post if I've got something new to add. It annoys me when there's a ton of posts all saying the same thing, or answering a question that was answered in the first reply.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I will read all the posts if I click on a thread but sometimes I will see that someone posted the answer. I'll read it and I would kind of understand because I had experience with the question presented. If I felt like I would be able to present the answer in a better way for any future readers then I would post the answer.

What's the first thing you do when you click a link to answer your question? You read until you find a suitable solution. More answers will mean that more people will get the general idea. I'm fine with it.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I t
What made me write this thread is that i've noticed in a lot of the threads on here, people like to say what's already been said or give the exact same answer to a problem that's already been given.

I think people do that because they don't want to feel left out. You know, they want others to agree with them. No one wants to be the guy who says something different and with whom everyone disagrees.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I read every post if I find the topic interesting. If not, I either skim through it or don’t read it at all.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well yea, obviously if the thread doesn't peek an interest then i'm not going to read it at all. This is why I tend to stray away from the general forum.