PC Play Skyrim with a PS3 controller?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Torok

Has anyone done that who plays the PC version?

I wish to buy Skyrim off of Steam (If worse comes to worse) and then play it with a PS3 controller, because I don't think I can use a keyboard for this type of game.

Aurora

Why you don't want to use keyboard?
Every game that comes to PC version is more easier with keyboard controller, and also it has favourite feautres to quick access to your selected item, equipment, or magic, and added shortcut to open magick, skill, and inventory menu instantly.
But if you more comfortable with PS3 controller, that isn't so bad after all.

Torok

I'm better with controller, also please someone answer my question...

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Why you don't want to use keyboard?
Every game that comes to PC version is more easier with keyboard controller, and also it has favourite feautres to quick access to your selected item, equipment, or magic, and added shortcut to open magick, skill, and inventory menu instantly.
But if you more comfortable with PS3 controller, that isn't so bad after all.

If you're using a laptop with a touchpad, the controls can be awkward, especially since there's no way to rewire the camera controls to anything other than the mouse.

VirussxD

Now im not sure if it functions the same for something like skyrim, but the DS3 Tool allows you to use my PS3 controller with a PS1 emulator. (Totally separate things, so its not like its only for the ps1 emulator). If I had to give my guess, thats the only thing I could think of.

Torok