• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Babb

For anyone interested: here is the specs for the PC version of the game.

The minimum PC requirements, as tweeted by Bethesda's Pete Hines:
  • Dual-core CPU, 2.0 GHz or faster
  • 2 GB RAM
  • DirectX 9.0c video card with 512 MB RAM
  • Windows XP/Vista/7 [32 or 64-bit]
  • Internet access for Steam activation

And the recommended spec:
  • Quad-core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • DirectX 9.0c video card with 1 GB RAM - GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
  • 6 GB HDD space
  • Windows XP/Vista/7, internet access, etc.
Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113823-Skyrim-PC-Requirements-Revealed

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Not quad but I'm glad I'm somewhere near recommended spec. Thanks for the info

Babb

Not a problem, figured it would help some PC users out who weren't sure if their comps would run it well or not. Yeah I would say shoot for between those specs if not the best :p

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I recently got a new computer with an i7 2600k and GTX 560 Ti - so I hope I can run everything pretty smoothly!

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I'm safe. :D, Intel i7 920 quad core @ 4ghz, 6gb of ram, two graphics cards (nvidia GTX 260's), creative x-fi soundcard and plenty of space.. Although some of bethesdas games have not agreed very well with nvidia graphics cards, hopefully that problem is fixed lol.

Stonkey

I wonder if they will release a super low res option a bit later, like they did with Oblivion. I won't be able to run it on high, that's for sure.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Seems like I got my new PC just in time. Now I should have no problems playing it on high. My previous computer would have never managed this even though they are quite low.

Jeruhmi

I wonder if they will release a super low res option a bit later, like they did with Oblivion. I won't be able to run it on high, that's for sure.
I hope to God I will be able to run it on high. Actually with BF:BC2 high detail was a little jumpy, so maybe it's a good thing if Skyrim won't support my gfx card... that will mean they're advanced, right?

Cole

Mythik
I'm very safe with those specs lol. But im wondering, PhysX is something I really enjoy, and something I brag about over Consoles, Batman:AA and Batman: AC both have amazing PhysX, will Skyrim use this too? An example would be the dragon landing, and the dirty flying up, or even steam coming from its breath if you're in the mountains.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
They are using Havok. But since PhysX is little more than a marketing gimmick I’m not really missing it. Havok has so many more advantages in comparison and has at least 90% of PhysiX’s capabilities.

Cole

Mythik
They are using Havok. But since PhysX is little more than a marketing gimmick I’m not really missing it. Havok has so many more advantages in comparison and has at least 90% of PhysiX’s capabilities.
Whats the difference between them and what makes Havok better? o_O

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I don’t know what exactly you want to hear when asking about their differences. Technical differences? In that case, it would be that Havok is a CPU thing and PhysX is a GPU thing. Which brings us to some of the advantages which include that while PhysX only works well with nVidia cards and ATI/AMD users are left out in the cold, Havok on the other hand is “cross platform” in that you don’t have to buy extra hardware to get it to work properly with all systems.

Cole

Mythik
Oh I get ya. Does Havok do the same thing for everyone that PhysX does for nVidia users?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
What do you mean, Cole?

Cole

Mythik
Does Havok add all the extra details that PhysX does? For example. In Batman: AA, with PhysX on, you got dynamic cloth and fog, does Havok do the same?