• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What do you think?

• The forums are super fast!

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Meh, just like any other site. Not too fast and not too slow.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • They're slower than my great, great great grandfather.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think of the speed of our forums? Do pages load quickly and consistently? Or are they very slow? Please post your reply and vote in the poll.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well you know how it is with Firefox 8 and their memory leak, once you peruse long enough the memory starts to build and page loading times becomes extremely long. It's pretty good considering all the active page features you have going on.

If you're expecting some real results then you need a demographic based on connection speed since that determines faster loading times.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I use the forums on Google Chrome and it generally loads fast, but my internet this past week has been really plops. I think it's because all the bandwidth in my area is taken up as it's christmas and everyone is bumming the internet. :z

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I didn't say the pages load slowly. I wonder if people even bother reading my posts anymore. Haven't gotten a like from Ren in a while now lol.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
really with all the variables involved I wouldn't know whether its my bandwidth, browser cache, processor speed, or the reload script from the site....

Beran

Official Writing Team
Reasonably fast, with my amazingly slow broadband ;)

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Always has been fast for me since updating Internet Explorer. The front page's chatbox was causing some script errors while using IE7.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
With the Facebook and Twitter icons having to load I notice it takes a few seconds for the page to skip to my first unread. Other than that I think the speed is fine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts