• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Anyone get this pickaxe at the top of the world? Did it raise your smithing skill by 5? MINE did not. Does Skyrim hate me?

ColleenG

Yes, I equipped it and used it, and still nothing.

Tawneey

Is your smithing level already at 100 by any chance? Because it won't raise your level over the cap.

ColleenG

Nope. It's at 92. I SOO wanted that 5 points!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Skyrim doesn't hate you, it just doesn't like you... On a more serious note, I have received the pickaxe and it never works for me. I just don't even bother with it anymore. If you really want that five extra points you'll just have to do what the rest of us do; buy a lot of iron and make daggers.

ColleenG

Making daggers as we speak. :sadface:

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Make sure to sleep often, the skill bonus can really help out. You receive a 10% or 15% bonus for all skills. It makes leveling up quicker and is the only benefit to sleeping.

ColleenG

I did not know that, but funny thing, with my new character I'm sleeping almost every night. It's just something I decided to do! Thanks for the info! On a related note, I really plan to go legendary with the smithing skill since my battle and armor skills have suffered because I applied them all to smithing. My question is, at what point do you think I should do that?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
You should go legendary after you made sure you've smithed everything you'll want to smith. Nothing like going legendary, than realizing you want a dragon bone sword. I would also recommend saving before you go legendary, you'll probably want to keep the save in case you find that going legendary was a bad idea.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Definitely make sure you have everything smithed that you want smithed, AND upgraded, before you go legendary. I am in the same situation. I have a number of trees at 100 but am reluctant to go legendary on them as I think I will need them at some stage. The only one I think I am safe to do so with now is Smithing as I have all my armour and weapons smithed and upgraded to legendary, as well as my follower equipped with same items.
I am working towards doing all the extra magicka quests before turning them legendary as well, as I want to put perks back into one handed and such.