Spoiler Nightingale Equipment

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rvk5150

So I received the Nightingale Sword...pretty sweet; after using the grindstone to get it up to snuff it was the same damage as my Ebony Sword of Darnkness with a better Enchantment so I am now using it.

I have become a Nightingale and am very disappointed by the armor; yes it looks sweet but the actual armor itself to me is not so good.....just wondering if anyone else had such a letdown?

Halkin

pzzzztt
i find most of the faction gear pretty poor (though i like the nightingale bow), i'd rather use some ebony or glass with nice enchants. looks do matter i suppose but in 1st person i cant see me anyway

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I love most pieces of the armor and the bow, but i am on a playthrew that doesnt let me enchant or smith, so at my lvl. and only being able to gather equip., this is the best stuff for me so far. **Spoiler** Nothing u find in the game will ever be better than what u craft yourself. Thats why i have steered away from crafting. I love the idea, but i dont think u should be able to creat the best stuff in the game. U should have to actually WORK for it.

wizkid1696

I love most pieces of the armor and the bow, but i am on a playthrew that doesnt let me enchant or smith, so at my lvl. and only being able to gather equip., this is the best stuff for me so far. **Spoiler** Nothing u find in the game will ever be better than what u craft yourself. Thats why i have steered away from crafting. I love the idea, but i dont think u should be able to creat the best stuff in the game. U should have to actually WORK for it.

Well you have to work to get your crafting skill up and materials!

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Well you have to work to get your crafting skill up and materials!
True, but there r ways to manipulate it to make it easier and faster(iron dagger)but i think they might have fixed that on the patch that released yesterday, so NOW it is actually a lot of work to get it up. B4 the patch, i had it down, lvl. 100smithing in 1 hr. and 20 min. cost about 10,000 gold, witch took about 2-3 hrs. of gathering. Point is, i could have a character with the best equipment by about lvl. 15. But like i said, i think the patch fixed that.

Celesmeh

I dunno I worked hours to get my smithing, alchemy and enchanting to lvl 100, its pretty much how i got to my current lvl (lvl 30) but I just finished making dragonscale armor enchanted to help me sneak and kill, but i also just got the nightingale armor... its too retty to not use ofr a while, and one i worked with it at a worktable it has a higher armor rating that my dragonscale one..

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
got the nightingale armor... its too retty to not use ofr a while, and one i worked with it at a worktable it has a higher armor rating that my dragonscale one..
Good to know. i got the nightingale at lvl. 23, but wont see any dragon scale in shops or chests till lvl. 48. So nightingale armor is probably the best FOUND light armor in the game. If anyone knows of better found light armor, please tell me.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
You know, I hear everyone talking about iron daggers as the best way to zoom through the smithing ranks, but I've found that leather bracers are much easier and just as effective in the leveling. That being said, as far as actual armor ratings go, I agree that guild pieces are disappointing. But some of the enchantments are nice to have.