• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dark Assassin

Obsessed with the aldmeri dominion
Well Its been well over 3 months sense I played skyrim, and just today I started playing again..I decided to make myself my very first NECROMANCER. I thought it would be fun to "raise the dead" but, I find myself using more conjuration spells as in conjure Flame Atronach or something..Any tips or strategy on how I can fix this?

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
First off, you're going to have to make a conscious effort to stop using Atronachs if you want to play a Necromancer. You'll want the Necromancy, Dark Souls, and Twin Souls perks from the Conjuration skill tree. Restoration's Necromantic Healing spell might also be useful to help keep your legions of the dead in tip-top condition.

Finding corpses can be difficult when you're playing a Necromancer, which might be why you're using Atronachs instead. Once they die, you can just whip out another one, where as with zombies once they're dead, they're gone.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I would use destruction to kill enemies and then raise them.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I still use Flame Atronachs with my higher level Necromancer.

I would suggest letting a follower and or an atronach do your fighting. As soon as your follower kills a bad guy or your atronach dies or times out raise an enemy body to keep the fight going.

If you plan on fighting yourself I would suggest using Bound Sword or Bow. Both do good damage and will help boost your conjuration.

Once your conjuration skill gets to 90 you can get the dead thrall spell and keep permanent corpses.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Illusion!

Buff your undead minions with Courage, Rally and Call to Arms and get decent control spells.

Try to pick the Necromage perk from the Restoration tree for even better effects on these buffs. That's already a start.

Get the conjure boneman, wrathman and mistman spells from the soul cairn, you can summon those when there are no corpses around

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
nothing at all wrong with using atronachs m8, summoning is just as much a necromancer art as reanimation is. so i dunno why you're making such a big deal out of that but if you're just not wanting to use atronachs then remove them from your favs list, that way the urge wouldn't always be a click away.. my vampire necromancer rarely uses reanimations anymore, cause its just so much easier to summon instead, only time i use reanimations is when i come across a rare or powerful enemy that out matches my atronachs in power.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well Its been well over 3 months sense I played skyrim, and just today I started playing again..I decided to make myself my very first NECROMANCER. I thought it would be fun to "raise the dead" but, I find myself using more conjuration spells as in conjure Flame Atronach or something..Any tips or strategy on how I can fix this?
Hey! We think alike, I posted a thread very similar to this. I'm gonna watch both of them.