Mildly sneaky Arcane Warrior?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Hello everyone. I have been playing since release and have played quite a few characters. That being said, I have come up with a build idea that I can't quite name, so it's hard for me to search for information about it. Please allow me to describe:

The character is a warrior at base. Light armor, one handed, block are the main skills. However, I will be using strictly bound swords for offense. I will dabble into alteration (4 perks, 50 skill) to get 20% magic resistance. I will dabble into restoration (3 perks, 40 skill) to get respite and regeneration. Now so far this sounds like an Arcane Warrior build. I also have an idea to get a little sneaky with it though. I want to go illusion (4 perks, 50 skill) to quiet casting, and sneak (2 perks, 30 skill) to get the backstab perk. Later in the game I plan to use mild enchanting, probably 4 or 5 perks in the skill (don't like to be overpowered), and I will eventually summon one dremora lord, for I plan to only have 2 perks in conjuration, novice and bound weapons do more damage.

I am going to play on expert difficulty, and I will not be smithing or alchemy-ing at all. I have chosen High Elf for my race mainly because of the 1.08 height scale = 8% faster and 8% more melee damage. But the High Elf +50 magicka and daily power will both help my character. I will probably eventually settle on the Lord stone after using the Lover stone. I will not use followers, and I will not use destruction or archery. I will probably not start the main quest (no dragons, no shouts).

So now that you (hopefully) have a feel for my build, what is it called? Do you have any suggestions for improvements? Thanks everyone.

TL;DR
Bound sword n board, light armor, no smithing. Small amount of: restoration, alteration, illusion, sneak, enchanting. No companions, no ranged attack.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
In my experience dabbling in skills was a bad idea. Best to pile on the perk points on one or two offensive/defensive skills, at least initially.

Otherwise, I'm playing a similar character. Not sure how bound swords compare to real swords, I'm using a "Bound Weapons scale with Conjuration" mod.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Sounds almost like a bard or maybe just a jack of all trades. I don't worry too much about planning skills or perks or setting a defined class. I like to RP my characters and sometimes they develop in ways I didn't think of.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, this was my first post ever so very exciting for me! And yes, Skullrattla, I agree with you about dabbling. I will try to focus on one handed, block, and light armor for the majority of the beginning of the game so I am not gimped. Bound sword is the same base damage as a daedric sword, after you take the Mystic Binding perk for 20 conjuration, so can be accessed incredibly early in the game. Since I am not doing smithing, it is essentially the best sword I can get. Unfortunately I won't be able to enchant it though.

And yes Uther Pundragon, it does sound similar to a jack of all trades, but I was thinking it might not fit that category since no ranged attacks or offensive magic? I guess I could call it a jack of most trades. I was just looking for a concise class name, but like you said, dont worry about making a defined class.