• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
It involves a great deal of trial and error, along with enough deaths to fill Shor's Hall twenty times over. Eventually you get used to it, adjusting to more subtle styles of play (sword and board is not the best idea on master, unless you're a gaming god). I would recommend summoning familiars, atronachs, and dremora as often as you can to avoid being the only target when you're outnumbered. Take a follower along on your journeys as well, especially if they happen to be an immortal punching bag (Mjoll, my darling!). If your foes get too close for comfort, dance like maniac. And keep a sharp eye out, since ambushes seem to be more frequent on master difficulty, for me at least. It's like my enemies can smell my fear...

Panthera

Don Gato

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I usually play on Expert difficulty , but tune up to Master when the opponent is weak. In Expert difficulty , Draugr Death Overlords and Elder Dragons are a piece of cake for my level 36 Redguard character , named Fem. :).

Grob

You need to learn to Dance the Dance of Death. I've never played sword and board, mostly because my timing for a shield is just horrible. I have done a dual wield axe though. All you have to do is be constantly dancing (side steps, step back when they go for big power swings, step in, attack, get out, repeat) around the opponent- once you learn this, warriors are no problem.

The next things is mages- only get in close sometimes- it's better to find an advantage spot, run around corner to dodge spells and what not.

Then come Archers. These guys are quite a challenge (they do a lot of damage), especially if there are a few other enemies. If there are a lot of people to fight off, the I fight the big guys first (2 handed axe, Hammers), then the archers. When battling many, you have to stay on your feet, paying attention to every enemy. After you do this for a while, you'll pretty much be able to dodge at least half of the arrows by just strafing around, getting closer, and then kill.

You'll eventually just be able to really role play in Master- Only wear clothes character, etc. My hardest play through was Only clothes, Master Illusion and Alteration (apprentice destruction and conjouration on the side) and the Wabbajack. Nothing else.

Some people complain that people that play on Master just fight/don't enjoy the game. But really, if it's not challenging, I can't enjoy it, and I in Master role play and don't fast travel. It's just a matter of wanting more interesting combat.