making a vamp, require assistance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
so I have finally tired of my orcish headsman and I'm making a sneaky vamp, but I'm not sure how to go about it, I know I'll get illusion, sneak, one hand and conjuration, but what else should I get? and how should I go about playing him?

I've never really tried a mage-like character so I'm kinda stumped...

cmp007

Id say destruction so you have some fire power? And if you want the stealthy you can always try the one handed tree I believe has some good perks for sneaking. I cant remember off the top of my head.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
You may want archery as well because it will make your conjured bows more powerful. And if you're a vampire, restoaration is a must for the perk Necromage.

You may want archery as well because it will make your conjured bows more powerful. And if you're a vampire, restoaration is a must for the perk Necromage.

I was thinking also taking the perk in restoration that makes healing spells also give stam, that way I could enchant a necklace (or ring) with magicka regen and just cast a healing spell for health and stam...

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Yep, but get the perk first so your enchantments will be more powerful. I'm actually starting a character soon myself that'll be a vampire. Oh, and make sure you pick Dark Elf because of their fire resistance.

Yep, but get the perk first so your enchantments will be more powerful. I'm actually starting a character soon myself that'll be a vampire. Oh, and make sure you pick Dark Elf because of their fire resistance.

yeah, I'll be getting enchanting for double enchant, and putting a fire resist enchant on with the magicka regen.

I was gonna invest more in the archery tree, but I think I'll just get the first perk and eagle eye, I'll mostly be using it for filling soul gems and targets I can't get to, so it really only needs a high damage (and lets be honest, what would archery in skyrim be without zoom)

ok then... if you insist.

actually, dos anybody know of the vampiric drain spell is affected by the impact perk in destruction?

Tyralias

Zori - I believe its not affected by bonus damage for Destruction HOWEVER it is affected by lowered magika costs.

Zori - I believe its not affected by bonus damage for Destruction HOWEVER it is affected by lowered magika costs.

i know it gets no damage bonus, but apparently it can be duel casted provided you have the destruction duel cast perk, makes me wonder about impact.

brandon

Playing a vamp in skyrim is hard work. I played as one for a week with my pickpocket assassin and just got sick of not being able to regent anything its really annoying during the day when your outside. Good luck I'm not gonna spoil anything else when it comes to your experience.

Playing a vamp in skyrim is hard work. I played as one for a week with my pickpocket assassin and just got sick of not being able to regent anything its really annoying during the day when your outside. Good luck I'm not gonna spoil anything else when it comes to your experience.

I was thinking about taking pickpocket, but ultimatly figured not because on my other character that has it I rarely use it, although I was thinking about going into speech up until being ables to sell anything to anyone, but again figured that I could just drain a person before going into town to sell stuff.

Hope you guys don't mind a little self promotion, but if you want to play as a vampire you might enjoy this mod. http://grimoiresofgehenna.blogspot.com/2012/02/vampire-tweaks.html

that looks pretty sweet! I may just have to give it a try (I'll wait a while while I try the default vamps)

Shadowbane

Premium Member
I have a conjuration archer theif with illusion and one thing ive learned is its a lot easyier to sneak up on an enemy who is calmed or even running in fear if your using a bow. but I would recommend daggers for this character instead of bound weapons because you with have stronger sneaking skills and stronger calming illusion spells, back stabs will be cake at the later levels

Also as far as the NO HEALTH REGENERATION thing goes, this can be fixed with enchantments like magica regen also some clothing such as hooded armors can negate the effect. Wiki it

I have deduced, through rigorous testing (and by rigorous i mean i tried it once to no avail), that the impact perk has absolutely zero effect on vampiric drain (I'm pretty sure it has no affect on ANY novice level destruction spells).

just thought someone might want to know.

I also decided to drop the conjured weapons perks in favour of deadric smithing, because I really want a deadric dagger in my off hand to go with mehrunes razor.

brandon

Really your enchanted stuff worked for you. I might have another bug that I wouldn't know about then cause I had a ring with really good stamina regent and had my armor with health regent but outside I wouldn't regent anything. Even with enchantments

Shadowbane

Premium Member
enchanted stuff should work, if not then im sure its a bug. try diffrent equipment with the same enchantment, you can also use the apprentice or lover stone to remedy it