• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
im starting a nother new profile, i wanted to be a mage assassin, useing alteration and illusion, but also sneaky and can use a dagger well, what race would be best for this and what trees should i invest in besides the obvious four?

Friday is My Day!

Why do you need Alteration? None of the spells in that school are very useful for an Assassin, except for Detect Dead/Life (but there's a shout for that) and (maybe) Water Breathing.

Race? High Elf for bonus to Magicka, Khajiit for bonus to Sneak, any race will work, really. I myself use an Orc for an assassin, as their racial ability in combination with the Assassin's blade perk and DB gloves allow me to do 60 times back stab damage, but that makes things really easy, so.. your choice, man. Choose the race that looks the best!

I'd focus on Sneak, of course, Illusion, One-Handed, and maybe Alchemy and Enchanting. When I play an assassin, I don't put any points into health and don't put any points in any type of armor. This makes remaining undetected crucial to surviving. I'd also keep a bow with you at all times to lead enemies away from choke points.

That's abut it. Good luck, bro!

Ponchosam

I would also go with conjuration. (I think it's conjuration... the one with zombies.)
There's nothing more fun than hitting a guard with fury, having him kill another guard, and raising the dead one to finish off the first one.