Living Anywhere in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jimes

Demoralize the enemy with assassination.
So this afternoon i decided it would be a good idea to sneak into every house in every hold, village and town and loot peoples belongings. As i was doing so, i noticed that there were several houses in various holds that were much nicer than the ones offered to you in the game! For example in solitude, Vittoria Vici's House is significantly better laid out than Proudspire and has a more homely feel in my opinion.

If you could leave ANYWHERE in Skyrim, house, castle, cave or tomb, where would it be and why?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I would say Understone Keep. One, because of the breathtaking Dwemer architecture. Two, because it's conveniently located in one of my favorite cities. Four, because I skipped three.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
The Blue Palace.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Meeko's shack.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I like White River Watch myself

Valtheim Towers.
Skyrim:Valtheim Towers - UESPWiki
Those of you that have done a bounty quest there or walk past it on the way from Whiterun to Windhelm or vice versa know where I'm talking about.

It's comprised of two towers on either side of a river with a bridge over the river connecting the towers. It'd be an easily defendable location, as the towers give great line of sight and make great sniping areas for archers. Further, multiple enemies would not be able to storm both towers without funneling into a single file line down the bridge, making them easy to pick off, especially from a raised position. As an archer, I could pick off enemies one by one as they come across the bridge, and if I get overwhelmed, I could switch into werewolf form and my power attacks would throw enemies off the bridge or the towers and onto the ground or into the river far below. To top it off, it even has a master bedroom type area complete with a big bed, chest for storage, and wardrobe.

Dragonsreach.. built to hold a dragon.. all I need to say xD

Cazimir

Eldergleam Sanctuary, without a second thought. I love it so much that I've considered paying someone to build some sort of structure in there. Doesn't even have to be a house. Just a shack with a bedroll and chest would be enough.

Jimes

Eldergleam Sanctuary, without a second thought. I love it so much that I've considered paying someone to build some sort of structure in there. Doesn't even have to be a house. Just a shack with a bedroll and chest would be enough.

I can't say I've even heard of it yet! I'll have to keep an eye out for it in the game!

Jimes

I would personally go for Sky Haven Temple as i think if you fixed up it would look awesome, and the view from the training area outside is also decent! It would a good defensive bunker, and would hold lots of people too in case i wanted to host a party or start my own guilde

Neriad13

Premium Member
I'd like a little shack to retire to in Ancestor Glade, perhaps perched precariously up on the rocky hillside.

800px-AncestorGlade01.jpg

I could very much see my Dawnguard character living there once she'd decided to give up adventuring and vampire-slaying, a reclusive guardian of the Elder Scrolls she'd collected in her adventures.

As for my vampire, at the end of a life filled with regret and heartache, she'd live on an iceberg in the Sea of Ghosts, far from the world that wants to hurt her, leaving her fate to the turning of the tides.

the_sea_of_ghosts_by_norroen_stjarna-d4oj1ey.jpg

Rye01

Skeever Trainer
I'm currently living in the Luxury Suite. With all of the naked people running around it's kind of like living in Hef's residence. Maybe I'll call it the Dovahboy Mansion. I just need a good supply of Juniper Berry Mead and Skooma and I'll be set!

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I would let my character live in the Dwemer Palace of Blackreach, where she can practice her magic without fear of judgement from the Nords, and doesn't have guard's asking if someone stole her sweetroll every five seconds. That, and the scenery is beautiful... What a minute... A Dark Elf living underground... Holy crap, I made a Drow:eek:!

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
After clearing the area of Forsworn, I'd build an epic manor in Lost Valley Redoubt, atop Bard's Leap Summit. I'd take the leap every morning, but not until I'd had my fill of mammoth steak and eggs. Parties would no doubt be a staple of my perfect life. No killjoys allowed.

Neriad13

Premium Member
After clearing the area of Forsworn, I'd build an epic manor in Lost Valley Redoubt, atop Bard's Leap Summit. I'd take the leap every morning, but not until I'd had my fill of mammoth steak and eggs. Parties would no doubt be a staple of my perfect life. No killjoys allowed.

But...wouldn't the mammoth steak and eggs come rushing right back up as you took the leap? :eek: Or is that your ploy to stay thin even while you're enjoying your laid-back partyboy lifestyle?

Gowsh

Old Fart
I would personally go for Sky Haven Temple as i think if you fixed up it would look awesome, and the view from the training area outside is also decent! It would a good defensive bunker, and would hold lots of people too in case i wanted to host a party or start my own guilde

Personally, I find Skyhaven Temple exceptionally depressing and creepy.

I know it doesn't actually exist, but it actually makes me uncomfortable when a char has to go there.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Neriad13 said:
But...wouldn't the mammoth steak and eggs come rushing right back up as you took the leap? :eek: Or is that your ploy to stay thin even while you're enjoying your laid-back partyboy lifestyle?

More of an oversight, though I doubt it would happen. What can I say? Strong stomach. :D