• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...Remember most of the lore we know about argonians isn't very clear and it's usually told by non argonians who don't completely understand the culture...
The lore we know about the Argonians is pretty clear on several notes. Lore isn't just based on lore documents. It's based on observable game content through events and dialogues such as Travelling-New-Woman from ES III: Morrowind. Much of the lore was conveyed through the Duology straight from the words and thoughts of Mere-Glim, one of the principal characters and an Argonian.
...and most importantly the book is written by a person who does not make the games therefore invents the new lore in the books which is why it has never shown up before or after...
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say but the books are canon and as such are irrefutable sources of lore. Events first referenced in the book are also referenced in Skyrim. That includes everything about what happens in Black Marsh and Morrowind after the Oblivion Crisis including the Ministry of Truth crashing into the city of Vivec and the eruption of the Red Mountain that destroys Vvardenfell, as well as the existence of the An-Xileel faction to which you often refer.
...Also there's no evidence that they haven't acted like that before...
The absence of evidence is not proof of a proposition.

The lore we know about the Argonians is pretty clear on several notes. Lore isn't just based on lore documents. It's based on observable game content through events and dialogues such as Travelling-New-Woman from ES III: Morrowind. Much of the lore was conveyed through the Duology straight from the words and thoughts of Mere-Glim, one of the principal characters and an Argonian.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say but the books are canon and as such are irrefutable sources of lore. Events first referenced in the book are also referenced in Skyrim. That includes everything about what happens in Black Marsh and Morrowind after the Oblivion Crisis including the Ministry of Truth crashing into the city of Vivec and the eruption of the Red Mountain that destroys Vvardenfell, as well as the existence of the An-Xileel faction to which you often refer.
The absence of evidence is not proof of a proposition.
argonians are a secretive race that don't really like sharing their culture with outsiders. "Little is known and less is understood about them" that is a quote from the argonian uesp article to which you often refer. Think about it, compare how much we know about redguard culture or breton culture to how much we know about argonian culture. We know little about argonian culture because they are reclusive and it has yet to be truly explored. Yes the books are canon but the message I was conveying to you is that the new lore has not shown up in games before because the books were made after the games. there's no reference to the hist acting like that before because the way they acted was invented after all the games were finished. I feel we have strayed to far of topic and want to ask you, who do you think would win a war, argonia or elsweyr?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I think the topic may be a bit broad. Even this fictional war has enough variables to crash a super computer (exaggeration) lol maybe you shoulda done it as a popularity poll.

Star Gazer

Don't forget about the argonian's hist-skin. That's strong enough to withstand a few scratches.

DragonBoneBow

Personally i would prefer the argonians to win in a battle with the kahjiit because i prefer being a big lizard over being a big pussy cat :p

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Thats why we rule the empire
For now... bwahahahahahahahahahah..... After all, in my campaign, your #s are getting bit thin at this point... That's what ya get for putting a hit out on me.