Journal of a Wanderer -
Semi-Hardcore Morrowind Playthrough
To be updated sporadically!
Be sure to check out the Wanderer's Album too.
- Eat two meals a day (made up of three servings of separate items in order to preserve a healthy diet. Two small kwama eggs make one serving and three portions of saltrice are a healthy helping).
- 25 difficulty.
- Sleep for eight hours a night.
- No use of Creeper or the Mudcrab Merchant.
- No use of potions during hand to hand fighting.
- Always wear street clothes under armor.
- No changing armor in the midst of battle.
- Sleep in street clothes unless camping in the wilderness (flexible).
- When unequipping armor items, set them down after doing so.
- Change clothes only in privacy.
- To use a found piece of armor or clothing, head to a smith or clothier and pay a 50 gold resizing fee. Store-bought armor comes pre-sized.
- Only repair or have repaired armor and weapons if you're not wearing them currently.
- Shops are only open between the hours of 8AM and 5PM, with the exception of inns, cornerclubs and faction (which you belong to) -affiliated shops.
- Wait one hour upon:
A. Reading a book.
B. Repairing one piece of armor or weaponry.
C. Suiting up in any armor.
D. Disposing of a corpse.
E. Stripping a corpse or automaton of clothing items, meat, salts, hides, organs, wax, cuttle, jelly or scrap metal.
F. Learning a new spell.
G. Writing a journal entry.
H. Mining one piece of ore.
- No waiting in any other situation.
- No looting diseased creatures or people.
- All DB assassins will be console-killed and ignored until the titles of Nerevarine and Hortator are reached.
- Upon dying, walk to the nearest safe area, rest or wait for one day and leave whoever took care of you 150 gold.
- If stricken by disease, public transportation is not allowed and the only people who will do business with you are Divine and Almsivi priests.
- If caught in a dust storm, be sure to be carrying a piece of fabric and a bottle. If not, duck into the nearest windbreak, building or cave and wait out the storm.
- Only loot hides, meat, salts and organs from a corpse or plant life from growing plants if you've got an unenchanted dagger on you.
- Only loot Dwemer automatons if you're carrying an unenchanted axe.
- Mine only if you're carrying a miner's pick.
- If caught in a crime by an Imperial or Hlaalu guard, drop all Dwemer items, glass ore and ebony ore.
- If killed by an Imperial or Hlaalu guard, drop all ebony ore, glass ore, stolen and Dwemer items. If any other type of guard, drop only stolen items.