• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Currently in Florida hopefully can post something tomorrow. Thank you guys for sticking with this and hopefully I can start to post a little bit. :)

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Should have at least 1 entry today, again so sorry to everyone but I am on vacation in Florida and have just been really busy as of late so it's hard for me to sit down and play skyrim for a full hour and I like playing in full otherwise it ruins the immersion and it would hurt the writing.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Did you guys enjoy the recent entry? I did it in a hurry but hopefully it was on par with the rest of them. Leave any complaints you have please. :)

Eriksen

Interesting story mate. Just out of interest, are you on xbox, with Dawnguard installed? Sorry if you've already answered this!

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard
nice entry

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Interesting story mate. Just out of interest, are you on xbox, with Dawnguard installed? Sorry if you've already answered this!
I think I already answered this but not quite sure, anyway I really wish I was but sadly I am on ps3 and don't have dawnguard because of this. I know it would make it much more interesting if I did have dawnguard but when (and if) it comes to ps3 I will buy it and put it into this playthrough. Also thanks for the compliment :)

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
nice entry
Thanks I have had a busy day today and have not been able to get onto my ps3 but if I get the chance I will get on, I am hoping that at one point I can play for a long time and type them up so that I can release one or two daily for a while.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
This is a stupid question,but has this been in fan-fiction the whole time?
yeah it has sorry I hadn't seen this and replied but yeah it has always been in fan-fiction (hriskar's is misplaced in general though)

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Hey I feel like an idiot for asking this but does anyone know if outside of dawnguard there is an actual Volkihar Lair? With a vampire titled Volkihar Vampire or something like that? I just cant find much info on it and would like to eventually curve this story toward Dar-Shein finding some Volkihar

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
any tips for a guy who wants to do this kind of thing? you have inspired me.
Wow that really means a lot to me, um if you haven't already check out BIGwooly's a Nord Refugee Journal, It is the best that I have found and he was the original maker of the rules that I follow. I would say try to create a character that you will enjoy and do a character you can relate to. This will make it easier to write as if your in character, just try to really include lots of detail especialy on the exciting stuff such as the struggles of a battle. I would also say try to make a unique character, one reason I think people like this is its different. There aren't any other vampire journals out there that I have found so I would do something that is unique. Thats about all I can give you but it really will help you to check out BIGwoolys thread he is a truly amazing writer, and when you make it put the link on here I would love to read your journal.

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard
Wow that really means a lot to me, um if you haven't already check out BIGwooly's a Nord Refugee Journal, It is the best that I have found and he was the original maker of the rules that I follow. I would say try to create a character that you will enjoy and do a character you can relate to. This will make it easier to write as if your in character, just try to really include lots of detail especialy on the exciting stuff such as the struggles of a battle. I would also say try to make a unique character, one reason I think people like this is its different. There aren't any other vampire journals out there that I have found so I would do something that is unique. Thats about all I can give you but it really will help you to check out BIGwoolys thread he is a truly amazing writer, and when you make it put the link on here I would love to read your journal.
thanks a lot man. i'm thinking something like a redgaurd wanderer. kind of a mercenary. kind of focuses on one handed magic.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
I have some really bad news you guys. We had a power outage while I was playing and it messed up my ps3. It erased EVERYTHING on the ps3 so I don't have any game files. So I can do a couple of things and I would like you guys to vote.
1. I should try to get my playthrough as close to where I was before and then continue the journal.
2. I should give up on it and writing journal's in general.
3. I should start a new vampire character and make a new journal.
4. I should make a new journal that isn't vampire and try something else out.
5. other

Ok no matter which way I go with this though I am gonna have to put it off for a little bit though as I need to get my stuff back and find the time. It won't be that long though unless I do number one because I will have to play for a while to get where I was and then start writing. I don't really have a preference as to what I do though I just wanna see what you guys think so please vote and if I don't get many votes here with others permission I will put it on say Hrisskar's so I know you guys will see it. Anyway thanks and I will be looking over the options. :)

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
Wow, shongo, that really sucks! So sorry for you.

Well, I think you should definitely keep writing, been really enjoying your tales.

If you like the vampire story and are compelled to continue it, just start over with the same backstory, but you have to let the new story tell itself. Too tough to recreate the same playthrough.

Unless, of course, you have another idea/character in mind...

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Wow, shongo, that really sucks! So sorry for you.

Well, I think you should definitely keep writing, been really enjoying your tales.

If you like the vampire story and are compelled to continue it, just start over with the same backstory, but you have to let the new story tell itself. Too tough to recreate the same playthrough.

Unless, of course, you have another idea/character in mind...
I will probably start over with the same character of DAr-Shein as this is my first vampire and I enjoy it a lot but if you have any better ideas I would like to hear them :)

Eriksen

Ah man! Losing all your saved data, what a total ball ache!!

I personally think you should continue with a similar story, as you seemed to really enjoy this type of character. Maybe someone out to avenge Dar-Shein.... perhaps the Volkihar got to him, and that's why there's nothing else in his journal? ;)

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Ah man! Losing all your saved data, what a total ball ache!!

I personally think you should continue with a similar story, as you seemed to really enjoy this type of character. Maybe someone out to avenge Dar-Shein.... perhaps the Volkihar got to him, and that's why there's nothing else in his journal? ;)
Yeah i guess I could go for the actual story and make someone who was a vampire in Dar-Shein's clan when it got attacked. I really feel like I should just leave a plot hole in exchange for restarting Dar-Shein though as if I just make an entirely different vampire character it will just be a Dar-Shein copy or I won't enjoy it as much. I could also do something like, Dar-Shein was somehow driven out of skyrim and now I am coming back in again with only the clothes on my back. That won't really work though because characters like the witch will be alive again. hmmmmmm so far I think my best bet is a Dar-Shein reboot

DarkEastwood

Personally, I think you should go for a totally new character and gimmick. When I lost the memory for my character, I luckily wasn't too far in and didn't do anything major. You have, and I'd love to see something fresh. Mainly because I'm not a fan of vampires :p But my personal views.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
hmm Yeah my problem is that I have literally played every type of assassin/thief that I can find and I just feel like I know the craft too well and it becomes a little boring. I'm not 100% on this but if I did do a more regular character what should I do?

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I have always liked the idea of an illusionist necromancer, using fury and calm spells to make people fight each other, then raising't he dead to finish them off. You could even make it someone so obsessed with the dark arts that they seek out vampires to try and become one. Maybe they stumble upon Dar-Shein's journal and decide to to check out his clan, then get turned and start seeking out the Volkihar as a bad ass vampiric necromage illusionist!