• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Torok

Is it a good idea to buy Skyrim for my laptop when my laptop is filled with viruses? (The virus was once so strong that an antivirus nearly crashed my computer.)

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Definitely not. Unless Kharjo is your follower. He can smell them coming.

mamali

first fix your lap top , re install the windows or something . i tried to install BATMAN :arkham city on my virusy computer on it took 4 HOURS to install ............

Soulcano

Are you serious?

Go research boot recovery discs and virus removal. No more games until you finish your homework :)

Torok

Are you serious?

Go research boot recovery discs and virus removal. No more games until you finish your homework :)

Disks can't be played on my laptop, yeah my laptop is THAT screwed up. And I said that an antivirus nearly crashed my computer, blue screen and everything...

My mom's BF said he can fix it, but he has to wipe out the entire hard drive to do it.

Honestly other games have played well on my laptop, but since Skyrim is such a huge game it's gonna be risky running it.

Torok

Yes, I'll ask him to fix it tomorrow, I just have to save everything near and dear to me on a flash drive because once the hard drive is wiped everything is wiped.

Is it a good idea to buy Skyrim for my laptop when my laptop is filled with viruses? (The virus was once so strong that an antivirus nearly crashed my computer.)

It may indeed be a good idea to buy it now. It will probably be the nudge you need to get comp fixed.
I wouldn't reccommend installing it until fixed.

Soulcano

Disks can't be played on my laptop, yeah my laptop is THAT screwed up.

You can use Bitdefender or something along those lines to create USB boot recovery drive. No need for an optical disc. Google away, you might find it is less difficult than you thought.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yes, I'll ask him to fix it tomorrow, I just have to save everything near and dear to me on a flash drive because once the hard drive is wiped everything is wiped.
If the files you save to flash drives are infected you're just going to reintroduce the virus to your computer as soon as you access them.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

If your computer has viruses, I'd say it's pretty much dead as far as playing games. Definitely get that fixed first.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts