In your opinion, who is the most powerful Daedric Prince?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mookie

This maybe unrelated but is it possible to help Sheogorath to break his curse so he can permanently returned to his original self, Jyggalag?

I would have to say Sheogorath because he is Jyggalag and I'm sure that theirs a way to break the curse that the other daedric lords put on him.

Isnt that what we did in Oblivion (shivering isles)?
The quest was about breaking his curse and taking place of Sheogorath himself. So the hero of Oblivion is actualy Sheogorath right now and Jyggalag is a separate entity.

Slijkster

Again, gotta go with Sheogorath, the Prince of Madness. Madness you say? Bingo! He's mad, therefore, he don't care. And if he don't care, he's liable and probably more than willing, to do just about anything. To anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

wabbajack. wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack, wabbajack.
wabbajack, wabbajack.
Best book ever.
Hermaeus Mora or Jyggalag would be strongest in my opinion.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Boethiah seems extremely volatile, even towards those that would worship him/her. The habit he has of making mortals fight each other in mortal combat suggests a masculine nature about him, perhaps even an alpha god. Hermaeus Mora is cool too because as sombody else has already said knowledge is power. The rewards he gifts his minions are exceptional too, ogma and the black books...awesome.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Jyggalag, Molag Bal, Hermaeus Mora, Mehrunes Dagon, Sheogorath, Boethiah, Azura, Clavicus Vile, Hircine, Mephala
Vearmina, Nocturnal, Malacath, Namira, Sanquine, Peryite

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Boethia, Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon, and Sheogorath are all extremely powerful. Sheogorath has been known to fool other princes and it is impossible to foresee how he will act/fight. Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon have both attacked Tamriel. Mehrunes Dagon almost succeeded.

tx12001

Yes but in the Shivering Isles Jyggalag does proclaim that he was one of the Most Powerful

tx12001

How do you think Dagon would fair against Jyggalag? infact the Imperial Empire and the Dominion should strt worshipping him because he is the Deadric Prince of Order and that seems to be what they both want

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Yes but in the Shivering Isles Jyggalag does proclaim that he was one of the Most Powerful
Dagon has countless powerful servants that could stop Jyggalag's army of knights. Plus Dagon would not be alone in the fight. Jyggalag is hated by all the Princes and it's safe to assume that Dagon would have an alliance with (however temporary) the other Deadric Princes.

tx12001

Do you believe that The Dremora are more powerful that the Knights of Order? really
Odds are the Knights are probably amongst the most powerful of Lesser Deadra
and their probably more intelligent than Dremora
although I would like to see a battle between the Knights and the Aurorans of Meridia

Mehrunes Dagon is Physically Powerful but a book whose name escapes me states that Dagon is quite Dumb!!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Even if the Dremora weren't enough to stop the Knights of Order. There are definitely more Dremora than Knights. The other Deadra would also bring there minions into the mix and together they would be more than enough to crush Jyggalag and his army

tx12001

Are you Sure their are more dremora? oh - if this fight took place after the Shivering isles main quest, I quite sure the Champion of Cyrodiil would Help him fight the other Deadra, considering that it was he who was once sheogorath that made him a god in the first place so now you have the knights and the Aureal and the Mazkan and pretty much any creature in the Shivering Isles that Sheogorath could conjure up, another thing is if Jyggalag was the most powerful it took the Combined power of the other Deadra to curse Him according to him, we know very little if anything about what Jyggalag was capable of - Also the knights would probably never tire and they keep spawning non-stop

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Jyggalag is probably the most powerful singular Prince but allies, enemies, power, and weaknesses are all factors in the most powerful deadra. It is impossible for Jyggalag to be the most powerful because he has too many enemies and not enough power or allies to deal with them.

tx12001

how do you know that he was enemies with all the other deadra, they may all hate jyggalag but molag bal aint gonna side with boethiah because he and boethiah are rivals, odds are he would join jyggalag 's side over having to side with boethiah and now you got Molag worshipping vampires and the deadroth in the picture, odds are that half of them would side with jyggalag because they seeto all hate eachother or perhaps no one would side with anyone and it would be an all out free for all fight

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
It's extremely unlikely that it would be a free for all fight. And considering how all the deadra fear Jyggalag's power no one would side with Jyggalag. You also have to take into consideration Molag Bal's domain, Dominance. If Molag Bal is scared of Jyggalag (which lore would suggest he was) it would be a serious fight where everyone would have to put aside petty hatred.

tx12001

would you side with the Weak in fear of being decimated or Side with the Strong where their is no such fear? unless he turned on you, but what about physical Size - who do you think is the Biggest I would have to say Hermaeus Mora

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Any Deadra that joined Jyggalag would have the fear of him turning on them. The Deadra are smart enough to know that after they helped Jyggalag he would turn on them. Siding with the strong doesn't always work.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Interesting. But the way The Elder Scrolls works, it's mostly all matters of opinions. If they really did make a conflict between the daedra. Aedra, Divines, and all that whatnot, they would leave it up to us who won out. And so it comes down to us, each individually, to decide the most powerful. I promise in any world I'm involved in, Molag Bal will always fall.

That being said, I understand the nature of this thread, and why people want to know the most powerful, without a PC interfering. In my personal opinion, I really can't say. It's just the nature of Skyrim.