Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
monty_python_witch.jpg

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Didn't happen to me, so Heimskr getting jailed is a bug.
Unless... unless...
Unless my game has been bugged all along. :eek:

According to his page at Skyrim:Heimskr - UESPWiki under bugs
When the Imperials get control of Whiterun during the Civil War, Heimskr wasn't sent to jail.
And as far as your game being bugged all along... Unfortunately Skyrim is LOADED with bugs and glitches to which Bethesda is too lazy to fix. Their too busy making money off of DLC's. Ever since I've installed the Unofficial Skyrim patch my play time has been great so far. I now receive souls from dragons to which before I was not. Under imperial control is quite understandable to arrest and send Heimskr to the dungeon. He's not only bad mouthing the Empire in public, but also preaching about Talos.

Raijin and yourself were going after me for not finding the man attractive - which is a laughable thing to attack me for anyway. I said I don't care for the barbarian archetype (personal preference), nor do I care for Ulfric (also personal preference). Even if I did say Ulfric was through and through a barbarian, that is opinion. Knowing him, he probably wouldn't find the term an offensive one.

I wasn't going after you because you didn't find Ulfric to be attractive. I was simply asking you why. I do apologize if you thought I was attacking you because that was not in my mind at all at the time :)

feliciano182

Why should he be? He's done nothing but debate his stance on the War. Granted, I don't agree with his point of view, but just because I don't doesn't mean he should be banned.

Because his posting habits in this topic are borderline-spamming, his points have been consistently debunked over and over, and yet he pushes on by twisting the truth of what the game states as facts.

Or are we still having that irritating discussion about how Igmund is responsible for war crimes in The Reach and not Ulfric ? Good grief that was a pain.

Docta Corvina

I wasn't going after you because you didn't find Ulfric to be attractive. I was simply asking you why. I do apologize if you thought I was attacking you because that was not in my mind at all at the time :)

Aww haha, no worries, man. I should have made it clear that I thought you were doing so jokingly. I know we're cool, even despite as much as we argue in this thread. :p

I know I have different tastes sometimes, when it comes to Skyrim and other games. I'm probably the only sincere Tullius fangirl out there, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't have to fight with anyone for him. :p

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Because his posting habits in this topic are borderline-spamming, his points have been consistently debunked over and over, and yet he pushes on by twisting the truth of what the game states as facts.

Or are we still having that irritating discussion about how Igmund is responsible for war crimes in The Reach and not Ulfric ? Good grief that was a pain.

He's still entitled to his opinion, whether you like that opinion or not. I've seen others do far worse in this thread than him.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

What about your posting habits? You deliberately went off topic to ask why I haven't been banned yet when you could've sent a PM to Rayven or to Ren to complain. To me that is borderline-spamming. You have no right to complain my dear friend.

If you learn how to read and stay on task then perhaps you would know where this debate is currently at. Before you submit your next post it's best to get all caught up.

feliciano182

He's still entitled to his opinion, whether you like that opinion or not. I've seen others do far worse in this thread than him.

Then we both have a diferent opinion on what worse really means.

Anyways...

Empire = Awesome, Stormcloaks = personality cult.

feliciano182

BS aside, I had an ocurring thought I wanted to share in the topic, mostly in regards to the "duel" between Ulfric and Torygg.

What do we know about High King Torygg and Elisif before Ulfric Challenged the former ?

For quite sometime, and I can't remember from where these dialogue lines came from, there's sort of the idea that Torygg and Elisif were a loving couple before their "separation", I always used to think Torygg was supposedly much older than Elisif (for some reason), but as it is implied (I think by the court wizard in Solitude), he is apparently a very young High King who assumed the throne because of the reputation of his father, who apparently was quite the famed High King.

Point of the matter, first, is that I thought this was a criticism of mine about a character flaw I detected in Ulfric that rarely gets mentioned, it really doesn't matter who is in his way, if he has to slay (knowing he will succeed) a young person to get his way, he will do so, which is completely ironic considering The Empire was formed and established pretty much with a similar mindset: "Invade, kill, claim, repeat from first one".

Second, in a certain way, it sentimentally "touched" a few strings of mine to know (or assume) that Torygg and Elisif were sort of a happy couple ruling Skyrim, having to be separated by Ulfric's decision to kill one of them, was I the only one who saw the duel through that lens as well ?

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
For the love of Mara WHY HASN'T RAIJIN BEEN BANNED ?!!
:eek:

Never.
Not until I have had the pleasure of meeting Raijin face-to-face on the field of battle, one gentleman warrior to another, in honorable single combat.
Then I would slap him silly. ;)

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Such a strange thread this is. One moment, it rivaled Colovian forums in their precious Imperial City, full of screaming, pointing, and chanting... then? Then it lit up like Vvardenfell during the Red Year. Followed shortly by the demanded exile of another, a nostalgic return to Colovian politics... and slowly, it is becoming the gossip and chatter of small children discussing the sweetness of a cake still baking.

Sheogorath speaks through many it seems. Ozan shall reset the topic for what better way may Khajiit show generosity than that of reminder?

Tullius is a strategist, Ozan admits even this but even the ego of the Tall Blue Nord, he who is known as Ulfric, can not rival the Colovian's. Such a shame, methinks, for if they met many years ago and far from a killing field, perhaps such company would be enjoyed by both men.

Regardless, Ozan disapproves of "racism" as a valid argument for until the Colovian Nord accepts Khajiit in their cities without bribes and fear, all are racist as none are truly exempt.