PC I have several problems and need help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anarchist51

I have several problems and need help:

1. I cannot get the subtitles to work. There is no option at all for subtitles. I have gone through the audio and settings and all the various options and there is NO "subtitles" option. I have to wear hearing aids and sometimes even with the volume as high as possible (on aids and computer and game) I cannot hear what the NPC's are saying.

2. I am stuck on two quests.
The Grimsever Return Quest. I have been through the dang place three times and every time I get to where the "arrow" says the sword is, and fight the huge Centurion the dang sword is not there. I have searched all over and cannot find it. I finally tried the "Console code" to bring the sword to me and it appeared at my feet but when I got the sword and got back to Mjoll she doesn't ask for it and there is no option to give it to her. She still talks about losing the sword but doesn't go any further.

2. Solving the lighthouse murders; I went through the whole place, went down and killed all the creatures, found the two dead kids, got their diaries, killed the boss and got Daddy's remains, burned them and the dang quest is still in my quest list and there is still a marker at the lighthouse. What am I doing wrong or missing?

3. Darklight Tower and helped Illia kill her mother. At the time I didn't need a follower but later would like to have a magic user as a follower and tried to talk to Illia and ask her to join me but she just stands there and there is no option to get her to join me. Did I miss out on the chance when I finished the quest and didn't ask her?

4. Is there a way to get things out of your inventory that are stuck there even after the quest is over?

5. I went online to get hints on where to find a place, I forget where now but there was a map that had a Dawnguard castle marked. I went to that area in the game and there is no castle there. I have been all over that area and cannot find it.

6. How do I make sure my game is updated to the latest edition? Also how do I add Mods? I have seen mention of them but not sure where to get them or what to do to add them. I bought the game back when it first came out and discovered that my computer was to old to play it so I have been holding onto it until this last few months and have been playing it like mad. I have played all the other Elder Scrolls games all the way back to Daggerfall. I kind of remember using mods back in the other games that had them but forgot how to install them.

Calapa

J think that all problems you have becouse you dont use Unofficial skyrim patch, after that your game will be much better. All mods are on the Nexus mod skyrim page.
For installing mods, you need to choose good mod menager. J highly recomended "Mod organizer 2" you cant find it on nexus page. Install MO2 and all mods will be installed in there. you can find a lot of tutorials how to use MO2, its really simply. If you know how to use it, on the nexus page go to top files, and find unnoficial skyrim patch and some good fixes to you game.
Now j use around 200 mods and my game works good, j never had that simply problems from your game, but be cerafull and read all stuff from mods pages.