• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I had a monstrous amount of things to sell, many of them I'd saved until I got the investment perk because the unit items alone were worth well over what any of the traders had from the outset. No plops I've gone from having around 30,000 septims to having 188,543 now. This was from selling loads of high end legendary weapons, diamond and flawless stoned types of jewellery and high end enchanted armour - Daedra, Dragon armour.

The irony is that despite having all this gold I've now taken to pickpocketing. It's not for the money though, although if they've got some I'll relieve them of it. It's because I want to move towards the pickpocket perk that lets you carry an extra 100. When I've got that I'll move over to the Daedric armour.

Finally, having so much money, I thought I'd save my game and check out Proudspire Manor in Solitude. I was getting tired of Windhelm - the smith was too far away, I'd got a minor bounty on my head and the living room and enhanting / alchemy room looked like an organised dog fight had taken place before I'd moved in. Incidentally if you buy the house in Windhelm and don't want all that mess make sure you choose the option to have it cleaned before you finish up buying all your stuff for the house. I missed it and was saddled with the mess.

I was very disappointed with Proudspire Manor. Despite it being the most expensive house, I thought it was the least practical in terms of storage. It actually has less storage than Breezhome, there's no downstairs storage, yet the enchanter and / or alchemy lab are downstairs. It's on 3 floors so if you want to find wifey, you'd have to hunt around for her. All this was not good for me, so I didn't buy it. What I did do though was to move back into Breezhome. All the shops I need, Smith nextdoor. The only down side is the lack of an enchanter, but Dragonsreach isn't too far away. In terms of being most practical I'd say Breezhome is boss.

Oh, yeah and although my princess Aela is my world, I've had my head turned by a Stormcloak. she was taking up position near Belathor's store one night - man she was hot (didn't have a full faced helmet on).

Kuurus

Incidentally if you buy the house in Windhelm and don't want all that mess make sure you choose the option to have it cleaned before you finish up buying all your stuff for the house. I missed it and was saddled with the mess.

Edit
As of patch 1.4 yesterday, this is supposedly fixed.

I am now just using the Windhelm home to store books and display cool armor and weapons I had earlier in the game but no longer use, lol. Breezehome is a perfect setup except for the missing enchanter.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
The patch yesterday? Is this for the PC alone or the consoles as well? I haven't had a download and I played Skyrim last night.

Kuurus

Only PC at this point, but from what I read, it has been sent to the console manufacturers for approval and they expect to be able to release that in a week or so.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Patch 1.4 is currently in beta testing however its available to anyone who wants it on PC right now.

Shea

yeah. i agree. wtf. they cant just fix it. mine broke because the the Dark Brotherhood quests. after i saved up THE JUST BEND ME OVER AND R*** ME BECAUSE I CANT DO Blood on the Ice!!!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I hate all of the houses in skyrim. Why? Because you're unable to invite people over. Without mods you're unable to pick up tankards and actually drink from it. You can't play any of the musical instruments that is given to you. All it's worth for is for storage. I'm more of a traveler so houses in skyrim means nothing to me.

Dallas-Arbiter

I hate all of the houses in skyrim. Why? Because you're unable to invite people over. Without mods you're unable to pick up tankards and actually drink from it. You can't play any of the musical instruments that is given to you. All it's worth for is for storage. I'm more of a traveler so houses in skyrim means nothing to me.

You are correct sir! It's for storage, and a place to keep your housecarl if you want.

RoG Delta

I like the solitude house, probably because I got it for free, hehe. But there are several barrels for storage in the basement. Two in the storage room and one next to the weapon racks. I use breeze home for smithing and alchemy, while using proud spire manor for weapon storage, apparel storage, potion storage, enchanting, and to hold my 300 iron daggers enchanted with banish worth 1000 each ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts