how to activate whirlwind shout while in training

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DWFII

Another noob question...I'm on High Hrothgar and am trying to learn the whirlwind shout. I learn it, and absorb the temporary power from the Greybeard but I don't see any way to actually activate it to run through the gate. The unrelenting force shout is activated by pressing "z" on the PC but I didn't see any similar message during the training. so I'm standing there while the Master greybeard asks me if that's the best I can do.

Any help please...

EddieA96

Sure man we've all been there, open up your navigating menu, head left into magic, then in the next list find 'shouts', and in the list under shouts shoud be whirlwind sprint.
Hope this helped. Thank you, Eddie

DWFII

Eddie,

thanks for taking the time.

I did that...one of the first things I did. However, clicking to activate it for mouse button one didn't have any effect. Probably because I don't have any dragon souls.

But I thought that Greybeards lent you enough power to activate the shout while in training.

??

EddieA96

No problem,

This has become a conundrum.

Okay, not being a pest but walk toward each grey beard to make sure you have absorbed the temporary power, then if nothing happens I'd try loading the nearest autosave (most likely just after opening the doors to the courtyard) and trying again.

Please post when your done I'm determined to make sure this is done!

Eddie

DWFII

Well, in the end, after trying "e" and "enter" to no good effect, I just ran at the gate. I seemed to arrive too late...the gate shutting in my face but found myself on the other side and the "shout" completed successfully. I reloaded and ran at the gate with the "alt" key depressed and made it inside the gate just in the nick.

In both instances the master greybeard was praising me for my quick learning (yeah, right) so I figured I might as well move on.

thanks for the advice...