Housecarls/Followers do some silly/stupid things.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Varra

We all have those followers and housecarls that do stupid things. Share some of those moments! We all have our stories/questions.

In my game, Lydia is one whom I've experienced a lot of strange things with. Bandits are attacking my house, Lydia don't care. While I'm fighting she will mine some ore, or walk around. One of the things I hate that she does the most; I come home, she looks to me and says "Are you lost?" or "Put that down!" Woman, what is your problem?!

The other follower is Cicero. He makes a better husband than any I have met in the game even though we cannot marry. He does tend to walk right in the path of my arrows...though he takes it well. He likes to say "If I chance to see a cat, I'll feed it's corpse to my pet rat." Every time he does so I turn to him with such anger. Is he threatening me? I'm "a cat." Don't make me dismiss you!

I'm sure you all have your interesting stories.

WillnRoll

Aside from glitching sometimes, like stepping in my way and such, some of them acts intelligent while I'm sure they're not, my follower Golldir (or something like that) always act smart, like one time I was in a ruin with a hard puzzle and multiple doors, I spend quite a while to figure it out, the time I passed these doors, they closed and left the follower stuck behind, I carried on just to meet him later in a fight with the Falmers yelling "I'll mount your head on my wall" ,the Bard in my house is always in my library reading books in his free times, or act so lol, and my ex-follower steward spend all the night making potions which I bet all of them have a negative effects more than positive, so technically yes, they are stupid. :)

BlazeGlory

i once had lydia walk straight into a trap. one of the "hole in the floor" ones... Sucks.

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
You know those swing log traps? Where you step on a pressure plate and a log swings down and hits you in the face?

When i have a follower, i stop just in time to see a pressure plate and jump over it safely going "phew" then my follower steps on it behind me and the log just hits me in the face anyway.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I got killed when I stopped before entering a swinging blade hallway, and my follower ran into me from behind and pushed me into the blade.

Annageckos

First time playing I see a giant outside of Whiterun and walk way around him, giving him his space. Lydia runs up to him and starts a fight. The giant then sent her into space and she landed in front of me with a thud. Oh Lydia... o_O

jarif

I remember a episode in Gophersvids. Richard was climbing all the way to the top of the building, fighting every single druagr and claimed his word wall. It was time to take the stairs and be on the top on the building. Teldryn was right behind him and Richard open the door and when he did, Teldryn was right infront of him like he had been at the top the whole time. It was clear. Everything makes sense. The disappearing and coming out of no where acts. Teldryn was Batman.

Wildroses

You know those swing log traps? Where you step on a pressure plate and a log swings down and hits you in the face?

When i have a follower, i stop just in time to see a pressure plate and jump over it safely going "phew" then my follower steps on it behind me and the log just hits me in the face anyway.

I had Meeko do that to me twice in as many minutes recently. It killed me.

Varra

Today I eavesdropped on some bandits. Cicero is next to me. They were saying something like "Once we get outta here than-" "LET'S KILL SOMEONE!" Cicero just interrupts but at a comical moment A_A

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I remember a episode in Gophersvids. Richard was climbing all the way to the top of the building, fighting every single druagr and claimed his word wall. It was time to take the stairs and be on the top on the building. Teldryn was right behind him and Richard open the door and when he did, Teldryn was right infront of him like he had been at the top the whole time. It was clear. Everything makes sense. The disappearing and coming out of no where acts. Teldryn was Batman.

Serana used to scare the crap out of me doing that all the time.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
This pretty much sums it up...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
College of Winterhold questline in the ruins where a Dragonpriest is to get a staff. You hear his voice and the stuff like that, so I went "Least I have my faithful companion, who will stand with me until death..." She's in the corner cowering "We cannot win this!" Thanks for the boast of confidence in me.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I usually only take one NPC as a follower, Onmund from the College of Winterhold. He's a delight. I recall one evening we came home to find a giant lurking in our garden...the giant hadn't even noticed us yet, but Onmund, ever the fearless Nord, immediately yelled "I cannot best you!", ran into the house, and shut the door in my face. o_O What.

So I left the giant out there and followed him inside...he cowered on the floor and screamed "MERCY!" and stayed there like that for five minutes while I built some furniture. WTF, Onmund? You're inside now.

Though last night he did shoot a dragon out of the sky - literally killed it in midair with his Lightning Bolt spell before it could ground itself - so I guess we can overlook the whole giant episode. :rolleyes:

sticky runes

I had Argis the Bulwark following me just now. we fast traveled to Lakeview manor to resupply and stuff, when a bunch of Volkihar vampires shows up (this was in broad daylight). Rayya and my steward Ghorbash came running over and started hacking the vampires to pieces (I was weighted down because I was carrying too much stuff so I just let them all go at it) and Argis joined in with them and started blasting the vampires with a staff of Ice Storms which I had given him. the vampires were all killed, but the effects of the ice storms also ended up harming Rayya and Ghorbash, so they both turned on Argis, and he slew both of them right in front of me. I was horrified.