Help with being caught while sneaking please.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShapelessHorr0r

My character is a sneak one and isn't the best fighter. I still carry around a sword and shield but the skills are lacking.

So when I am caught in a large scuffle what do you think I should do. And yes I have Lydia but she is not the best and I am only around level 10.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Perhaps you could choose perks in the Sneak constellation whenever you level up. Meantime, continue to work on your sneak. You're crouching when you're sneaking, right? Don't mean to ask a stupid question, but there it is. Also, work on your one-handers and blocking. With constant use, those will boost your levelling up, too.

Just walk around everywhere crouched down, it will raise your sneak skill fast and will alloe you to put more points into it. Once you feel sneaking is easier you dont have to be in crouch all of the time

Chokain

Ditch lidya, she will get u caught every time. Pick up a bow. And finaly maintain control of the fight, engage the enemy on your terms, don't hesitate to flee when necessary

Necromis

Couple of points, recapping some of what was told already. First be sure to invest in sneak perks, muffl on the left and up to assassin's blade on the right, and get the right side as fast as possible it in proves your sneak damage. Second, ditch ANY follower. Followers once combat has been started stop sneaking and just go running in to combat. Pretty much defeating a stealth builds fighting style. Third, hit and move. If you are using a bow to take out targets you want to shoot from one location and then move 10 yards/meters away for a hiding spot when they come looking for you. They home in on where you shot from and should not track you to your new location unless spotted due to poor hiding. Fourth, as quickly as possible do the quests 'innocence lost' and 'with friends like these' so that you can get the Dark Brotherhood armour. It helps with your stealth, bow and 1H damage while sneaking and is the best armour you can get at low levels. The last piece of advice I can give is two fold. Invest in stamina over health, and strategically withdraw(run away, run away) when spotted until you can go into sneak mode again and creep back in on your targets. Ok, maybe one more thing, you make more noise sneaking when moving at normal speed vs the walk/slow speed so use whatever button is for walk on your system, pc it is the shift key, when you are moving up close to people.

Alrighty, that should cover it all. I personaly, following the above rules can take out a full forsworn camp/falmer stronghold w/o ever getting even a nick. Though it does hurt on increasing your light armour skill if you are trying to level to 81. LOL

Luke7050

go up to the graybeards and crouch and keep on hittinng them on the back and it will raise up your sneak fast.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I also want to add a little in here. You don't have to invest any points into Alchemy, but you can still make a Paralyze Poison that gets enemies for about 4 seconds or so, with no perks and 15 or 20 Alchemy skill. For Paralysis Poisons, you will look for Imp Stool from Alchemists, they only cost 1 gold per! The other Paralysis reagents are Canis Root, Briar Heart, Human Flesh, and Swamp Fungal Pod. Don't use Swamp Fungal Pod because when combined with Imp Stool creates a Restore Health effect as well. Your best bet is to purchase Canis Root (14 gold) and Imp Stool from an Alchemist and make some Paralyze Poisons in case you start to get overrun, you can start paralyzing fools until you can get away and regroup.