Having a Hard Time Organizing my Books

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WillnRoll

Hello guys,

Hope you all are having a good time,

I really need help regarding a bug I'm having, every time I activate the book shelf in my house to place my books, the shelf doesn't organize them, instead, it places them randomly above each other in a really messy way, so you end up with a book shelf looking as if you fus ro dah it :), there is no method that I haven't tried to solve this, nothing worked, I ruined my whole gaming session trying to solve this, at first I thought this is some Hearthfire DLC bug, so I went to my house in Whiterun only to find the same problem, I tried to place less books, more books, different books, it's all the same.

I ended up with an empty library now, it's really a major problem for me as I love to collect books, and I don't want to restart my 300 hours character (poor character ended up running naked in the streets of Whiterun yelling for an unknown reason "Damn you Imperials, it's all your fault").

Any kind of help is highly appreciated, thank you in advance ladies/guys.

Cheers,

Will

(P.S: I'm on Playstation 3)

Hi Will :) I ran into this also , and for me it seemed to be one of those random things that just sometimes is there . I only built the Big Book wing on my house just one time , all of them were all messed up :sadface: Have never built that since.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I thought I was the only one! Now I just store all my books at my different townhouses and build a different wing (usually the armory) instead. Between all my townhouses I can store somwhere around 400 books and that's plenty for me (since I won't end up reading them anyhow). On the other hand, why is there an entire bookshelf that will hold 30(?) books in the kitchen of my Windhelm house when I really only know of about 3 actual books about food or cooking in the game (the Cake & The Diamond does not count)? What am I supposed to store there, spell books?

WillnRoll

I thought I was the only one! Now I just store all my books at my different townhouses and build a different wing (usually the armory) instead. Between all my townhouses I can store somwhere around 400 books and that's plenty for me (since I won't end up reading them anyhow). On the other hand, why is there an entire bookshelf that will hold 30(?) books in the kitchen of my Windhelm house when I really only know of about 3 actual books about food or cooking in the game (the Cake & The Diamond does not count)? What am I supposed to store there, spell books?

I never built a kitchen before, but you got a point actually, how the shelf will look like holding 3 books only?, absolutely a design flaw, and yes I do read books, I want to get my books wing full as it look a lot better having a full library, and I don't want to keep travelling around just to read a book, it seems that there is no solution to this problem, so I might have to live with it after all.

WillnRoll

Hi Will :) I ran into this also , and for me it seemed to be one of those random things that just sometimes is there . I only built the Big Book wing on my house just one time , all of them were all messed up :sadface: Have never built that since.

Hey Remington, the problem is that they just teased me by giving me an option to build a books wing, just to find out that it's useless, good for you it just happens sometimes, my game, it's permanent.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Hey Remington, the problem is that they just teased me by giving me an option to build a books wing, just to find out that it's useless, good for you it just happens sometimes, my game, it's permanent.
You can store a lot of books at both Markarth (18x3x3=162) or you can get 18x3 in Breezehome (54) so I usually only have the two spots. Even the solitude place only has one bookshelf. I have found, however that, when I build my Hearthfire homes that I can get 72 books on the shelves in the upstairs bedroom (although, as far as I can tell that's the only built in one). At least in Windhelm you've got multiples that you can use (including the one in the kitchen).