Xbox 360 Followers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

I have also read that you can order your follower to pray at a shrine to get a blessing? It has to be one out in the world though, the Hearthfire ones don't activate for followers.

I totally did not know that, but I will try it with Faendal tomorrow. Arkay = 25 extra health. :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I have also read that you can order your follower to pray at a shrine to get a blessing? It has to be one out in the world though, the Hearthfire ones don't activate for followers.

I totally did not know that, but I will try it with Faendal tomorrow. Arkay = 25 extra health. :)

Let me know if it works Joe :) Oops! I just killed Faendal. Trying out being a Vampire Lord.. being all evil and stuff.

JClarke1953

Sounds like Ill start using UESP instead of the elder scrolls wiki from now on. Luckily I don't really use followers for storage so I'm fine giving him heavy armor. I had no idea that followers could use healing potions so that's good to know as well. I just gave him some boots that give him 25% fire resist and it seems to be making a difference already.

Just keep in mind in UESP pretty near anyone can edit more information into the page, and at times, it may not be accurate. Or the person inputting may not have posted what platform they play on. But all in all, UESP is a pretty decent place for info as opposed to Wiki. Wiki will have exploits though.

JClarke1953

I've never been able to pinpoint an actual player level, but when you're at 100 enchanting you should be there, maybe a little over with potions.
If I remember correctly, destruction is head, body, ring, necklace. (some, alchemy included, use head, hands, ring, necklace....smithing is body, as is alteration)
Depending on the direction you want to go, you could say helmet/armor/ring/necklace for destruction and then add a magic resistance later. If you feel you're running short
on elemental resistance that way, you can get 25% from the Lord Stone and another 15% from doing the Mara quest in Riften. And whatever race you are, if you have in-born
resistance, that opens an equipment slot you don't have to use.

Also, depending on your Smithing level as opposed to Enchantments? You might want to improve armor/weapons for protection and kills before you Enchant them. Unless you have the perk that will allow you to improve Enchanted items.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I've never been able to pinpoint an actual player level, but when you're at 100 enchanting you should be there, maybe a little over with potions.
If I remember correctly, destruction is head, body, ring, necklace. (some, alchemy included, use head, hands, ring, necklace....smithing is body, as is alteration)
Depending on the direction you want to go, you could say helmet/armor/ring/necklace for destruction and then add a magic resistance later. If you feel you're running short
on elemental resistance that way, you can get 25% from the Lord Stone and another 15% from doing the Mara quest in Riften. And whatever race you are, if you have in-born
resistance, that opens an equipment slot you don't have to use.

Also, depending on your Smithing level as opposed to Enchantments? You might want to improve armor/weapons for protection and kills before you Enchant them. Unless you have the perk that will allow you to improve Enchanted items.

You can pick that perk once you reach level 60 in smithing. I always try to at least level up to 60 in smithing as soon as possible, as I use enchanted weapons a lot, then make myself a powerful bow with Soul Trap enchantment on it, and I'm good to go.

JoeReese

Kitty, I've found a real joy in the fiery soul trap enchantment. It gives me some burn and a trap...best of both worlds. When I get to 100 and can dual enchant, I usually end up adding
frost to it, so it does fire/frost/soul trap.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Kitty, I've found a real joy in the fiery soul trap enchantment. It gives me some burn and a trap...best of both worlds. When I get to 100 and can dual enchant, I usually end up adding

I don't know why but I've always made a separate bow for soul enchant. My main bow I have shock or frost damage on it. I have previously had a daedric bow of soul capture and the Enhanced Dwarven crossbow as my main one. Indari has two ED crossbows. I don't normally put enough points into my enchanting tree to get to two enchantments. But I have it high enough for the bows to pack a mean punch, especially after I upgrade them.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I don't know why but I've always made a separate bow for soul enchant. My main bow I have shock or frost damage on it. I have previously had a daedric bow of soul capture and the Enhanced Dwarven crossbow as my main one. Indari has two ED crossbows. I don't normally put enough points into my enchanting tree to get to two enchantments. But I have it high enough for the bows to pack a mean punch, especially after I upgrade them.

I think I just love going out hunting for souls.. :)