Euroland Graymane Dead, RIP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

I was adventuring through skyrim when i suddenly i was doing my everyday stuff like smithing and stuff, i wasnt listening but the war-maidens lady said that Euroland graymane died... in my characters imagination i unleashed great storm and killed people. I thought he couldnt die since i joined the companions??? what happened.......?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Not sure who Euroland is ( :p ) but Eorlund Gray-Mane can die once you've completed Glory of the Dead.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I was actually really sad when that happened sometime in my first playthrough. It wasn't a dragon or any other random event that killed him either - he's just scripted to die of old age. I felt like the Companions were perishing one by one and the glory of their organization swiftly dwindling. Maybe it's for the best, considering the dark paths they've taken.

jarif

I was actually really sad when that happened sometime in my first playthrough. It wasn't a dragon or any other random event that killed him either - he's just scripted to die of old age. I felt like the Companions were perishing one by one and the glory of their organization swiftly dwindling. Maybe it's for the best, considering the dark paths they've taken.
:sadface:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I...he's just scripted to die of old age....
Source? I've never had Eorlund die in any of my playthroughs. I'm not aware of any characters that are scripted to die of old age in the game, let alone Eorlund. Any NPC that is not marked essential can die though. They can even die for no apparent cause. I've had several literally just drop dead in from of me. I read somewhere that it might be because of the way the game sometimes drops NPCs in the area when it instances them and that the fall damage might glitch for them when this happens causing them to die from falling damage. I haven't seen anything objective to validate that theory though (other than that they do fall a little when they are instanced).

Neriad13

Premium Member
Source? I've never had Eorlund die in any of my playthroughs. I'm not aware of any characters that are scripted to die of old age in the game, let alone Eorlund. Any NPC that is not marked essential can die though. They can even die for no apparent cause. I've had several literally just drop dead in from of me. I read somewhere that it might be because of the way the game sometimes drops NPCs in the area when it instances them and that the fall damage might glitch for them when this happens causing them to die from falling damage. I haven't seen anything objective to validate that theory though (other than that they do fall a little when they are instanced).

I didn't see actually see him die - it happened sometime when I was away from Whiterun and that was the only conclusion I could reach. He was an old guy. However, as I've only ever played through the Companions' questline once, I can't verify it happening more than once.

jarif

i hope Bethesda fixes this. Eorlund is a good blacksmith and a good merchent to sell and buy :sadface:

BeoWulf-11

Ahhhh My favorite Smith is Dead!! No Dragon attack just dead. Can't even find his rotting corpse. No more Wolf armor!!! Dagmar you better have a little compassion and not say anything heartless! If you do, consider all the bunnies of Skyrim as good as dead!! Is this normal on the PS3?
Grrrrrr. To far to turn back now. I will vent here and get over it. Piss and vinegar I miss him already.

But his family and friends have special death-dialogue for him - that's why I think he's meant to die.
Well, a lot of characters have dialogue specifically for named NPC deaths, actually. I've played the game several times, and he's never died. Old age doesn't kill them, but poor spawning high off the ground can totally kill them. I've seen it. Not cool.

jcurr25

if you're attached to him just use the console to bring him back(if you have pc). I had to do this in falkreath because I couldn't become thane due to the number of people who had died during dragon attacks

Kate Fitzgerald

I was adventuring through skyrim when i suddenly i was doing my everyday stuff like smithing and stuff, i wasnt listening but the war-maidens lady said that Euroland graymane died... in my characters imagination i unleashed great storm and killed people. I thought he couldnt die since i joined the companions??? what happened.......?
Hey, I couldn't find Eorland and I looked in the Whiterun catocombs and at the very bottom of them you may find a urn with his remains! :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts