• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It also bothers me that you can't cure her unless you sit there and indulge her whining for the whole quest. About her father, her mother, her condition as a vampire. You can never challenge her, never question her choices. You must handle her with kid gloves. You must kiss her butt. Both cheeks. Every time. Or else.

"Are you okay, Serana?"
"Is there anything I can do for you, Serana?"
"Let me listen to your troubles, Serana. Please."

Or she shuts down on you and that's the end of it.

There. I've vented about Serana. I'm done now.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
It also bothers me that you can't cure her unless you sit there and indulge her whining. About her father, her mother, her condition as a vampire. You can never challenge her, never question her choices. You must handle her with kid gloves. You must kiss her butt. Both cheeks. Every time. Or else.

"Are you okay, Serana?"
"Is there anything I can do for you, Serana?"
"Let me listen to your troubles, Serana. Please."

Or she shuts down on you and that's the end of it.

There. I've vented about Serana. I'm done now.

You're forced to listen to her venting the whole game.

The first time I meet her

Serana: My father and I don't get a long.

Goes to castle

Serana: Daddy why u no love me

About to kill her daddy

Serana: Daddy me no like you. You go away now!

At this point, I rush in the room to kill him and attack him on sight. I am NOT going to let her indulge herself anymore!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I guess what I'm trying to say is..she's a brat. You either indulge her, or she's done with you. She's not interested in my opinion. She just needs someone to confirm how correct she is.

Wildroses

To be honest, the fact you are forced to trust Serana and don't ever consider how she's getting her blood fix is part of the reason I decided in my head canon that Serana was using vampire seduction into scrambling a Dawnguard-aligned Dovahkiin's brain.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
wish she able to be married...one can dream and imagine *dirty thoughts*

Satorus

Serana is about 50 50 with me. When i first met her I was glad she didn't look like some fail ass Nosferatu vampire with a sunken face etc. So aesthetically she is pleasing to me. My main problem with her is as some people mentioned how we are forced to immediately help her.

I am role-playing a Belmont from Castlevania and the last thing I want to do is trust a vampire, especially one who refuses to answer my questions about the large Elder Scroll that she keeps in plain sight.

There really should have been the option to "fail" the quest by attacking her outright. I wish Dawnguard had the option to continue recruiting members but not continue the main story. I really dont care about Serana or her family. I would be happy to take vampire bounty quests and deal with the occasional random vampire attack on the Fort or in some random town.

Then Serana shows up at Fort Dawnguard and they actually let her inside? The guy running the Dawnguard hates vampires more than anyone. If anything he should have forced her to wait outside in the sun until I got there to find out whats shes doing.

Seranas fathers castle should just be a large vampire stronghold that the player could attempt to raid on their own if they feel inclined.

Now when I do Dawnguard with another character, I will probably end up having Serana accompany me just to see how it is.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I hate followers. Always have. That being said though, Serena really does sound like a hoot. Downloading Dawnguard tonight so wish me luck! Hope I get to meet Ms. S. quickly. I agree - leave her a vampire, even if you're not. If she's that good, then she's welcome to drink from me (but only when I'm awake!).

ShadowHunter

I hate followers. Always have. That being said though, Serena really does sound like a hoot. Downloading Dawnguard tonight so wish me luck! Hope I get to meet Ms. S. quickly. I agree - leave her a vampire, even if you're not. If she's that good, then she's welcome to drink from me (but only when I'm awake!).
You meet her pretty fast. After you go to Fort Dawnguard and talk to Isran he sends you to an area called Dimhollow Crypt, where you eventually meet Serana

Daelon DuLac

You meet her pretty fast. After you go to Fort Dawnguard and talk to Isran he sends you to an area called Dimhollow Crypt, where you eventually meet Serana
Cool.

sticky runes

I think Serana is dull as dishwater. Her voice and personality are totally bland. Both her parents are more interesting than her. I don't like how we're forced with her through those LONG journeys through the soul cairn and pale glade or whatever it's called, it really puts me off replaying the Dawnguard/Volkihar quests with my other characters. And she doesn't f#cking stand still when she's following me. My other followers just wait patiently while I'm shopping, working at the forge or mixing potions. Serana has to play with everything. Oh, a smelter to shove things into. Some books to flick through. Now I'm gonna lean on this wall. Now I'm gonna sit on this bench. I'm bored of this bench, think I'll go and sit at that table now. Is that a tanning rack over there? The bitch needs Ritalin.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
She is hot, but whenever I'm outside she says, "Let's go in a cave!" and when we go in a cave she said, "I had my fair share of caves, let's go out!"

Daelon DuLac

She is hot, but whenever I'm outside she says, "Let's go in a cave!" and when we go in a cave she said, "I had my fair share of caves, let's go out!"
ADD, gotta be ADD... Maybe it's a side affect of vampirism? I notice that even in vanilla the vampires are VERY easily distracted. We'll be in the middle of a drag out fight when, apparently something happens on the other side of the room or behind me and suddenly I'm alone. I'm so lonely on these vampire quests. Now that I have Dawnguard, hopefully they'll pay me more heed. Maybe I just need to become a member of their club!?!

Louise

Cowardly Summoner
I don't really like her all that much, personally. She got some serious family issues!

JClarke1953

I gave up on her, and have left her in Dawnguard for weeks now. I'm thinking of getting Aela, but the Werewolf thing kinda throws me.

Daelon DuLac

I gave up on her, and have left her in Dawnguard for weeks now. I'm thinking of getting Aela, but the Werewolf thing kinda throws me.
I like Aela. She's surly and a great fighter and doesn't really bother me when she goes doggy on me. Hey, as long as she enjoys herself. In my shorts, she actually hunts the woods around my family's home @ Lake View Manor. I also love that she actually thinks I have some wisdom for her whenever I see her. Sorry Aela, I'm as clueless as a newborn babe, but thanks for the props!