• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lord Rokinges

Official Fanfiction Judge
    the Dire Memories Roleplay
    XcIchI8.jpg
    [RECRUITING]​
    A roleplay.​
    The center of her eyes closed in on her target. She leveled her bow onto the man sitting on the horse, ready to profusely unleash a second arrow into his second eye after the first one. Time seemed to slow down... and she shot.
    She ran up the stairs and jumped a meter onto the stone buttress/arch. Crouching and leaning slightly forward, she kept a highly trained eye on her target. The man under her, thinking she had escaped, shrugged his shoulder (to himself). Both of his hands held a pipe; one a smoke pipe, the other a blowpipe for poisoned darts. She jumped, and plunged her blackened blade into the man's back, knocking him to the ground as well as ending his life.
    She jumped out of the carriage, ignoring the protests of the travelers who she had hid with. The bandits did not stand a chance. The whirling blades almost cut them to pieces.
    The woman flew out of the bed she was sleeping in, completely at alarm. What were those disturbing dreams, and why were they so realistic?​
    It took her a moment to realize that she had a jarring headache.​
    Every thirty seconds, it seemed, a spasm of pain went through her head, and it hurt more and more. She couldn't take it. About to start banging her head on the oakwood walls of her room, she noticed a glass jug standing atop a slick wooden cabinet. She reached for it and poured it on her face and in her mouth.​
    Better.
    As her eyesight cleared for the spasms, she became aware of her surroundings. This was not a personal home, she could tell. It was most likely a room for a town motel, or an inn room. A painting above the single bed with only one window and a lone cabinet. This was truly an arranged room of an inn.​
    She also noticed the envelope on the top of the cabinet. Reaching for it, she felt a cool breeze with slight condensation in the air from the ajar window. It seemed to be bolted open. Taking the letter with her, she walked a few step to the open window and peered outside.​
    Unknown skill kicked in in her mind; it was most likely 1:30 to 2:00 in the morning, and judging by the building shaped shadows (large and squarish) through the misty gloom, she was in a town.​
    She would have stared, trying to see around the mist, but she saw movement. A dark moving shape, most likely a horse, with a figure riding on top. She couldn't help but dangerously peer outside of the window.​
    Suddenly, the man appeared. An extremely dark brown horse, with a rider atop.​
    The rider's facial features were invisible and unknown in the heavy mist. He seemed to be....​
    She could see him now. And she gasped.​
    He was staring directly at the window, directly at the woman. His horse cantered mysteriously on, but his head still was turned as he slowly went by.​
    He had no eyes. Simply pits of black, endless... nothing.​
    The woman stumbled backward, trying to hold on to something before she crashed to the ground, but she only got a hold of the glass pitcher now empty of water. She fell, and the glass broke into several large pieces. The woman winced. This was too much noise for her.​
    She decided to go investigate where she was. Creeping to the small door that led out of her room, she pulled it open. It creaked loudly. The woman winced again.​
    Then she froze. Maybe the envelope would explain something. She brought it out from her grasp and opened the pale paper slowly. It parted to reveal a letter.​
    Dear Avalyn,
    You have started a new life. The past cannot be brought to you again. I apologized for all I have done to you. Thank you for ridding me of my sight, though the arrows did hurt. I'm guessing you put all you pain [and acid] into the tip.
    Because you most likely do not remember anything, know that your name is Avalyn. You have made hundred of powerful enemies over the years, and the only way to save you was to kill cast that spell. The other men agreed to let you live if you did not assassinate anyone ever again, but knowing you, I can never convince you to do that. Do not worry; I will come to you, but this will still be all very confusing. I am hoping you remembered some things... but not all. I will not be able to answer ALL of you questions.
    Thanks,
    Destrian the 'Immortal' Rider
    Avalyn frowned. Then she put the letter back into her leather tunic she seemed to be wearing. She had never heard of a man named Destrian... she also never remembered shooting someone's eyes out. Why had she been so cruel?​
    She continued to creep forward into the heart of the inn; the place where travelers seemed to eat, judging by the drunken men, 6 of them, sprawled on the hard floor. One man was even snoring while holding a bottle of hard liquor.​
    Avalyn was about to pry it from his stiff fingers to take a swig, when the door flew open.​
    There stood the man, wearing a dyed leather tunic (blackened) and a raised hat. A greyhound stood at his feet. The eyes were smooth marbles of darkness.​
    "Hello, Avalyn," he said quietly.​

Slave of Rokinges

Popular Member
    Targoth groaned heavily as he rose himself from the leather, vinyl couch he had been sprawled upon. He had to get out-- time was shortening. The day, more like it. Targoth hoisted himslef up with a small wooden banister from his small home, and opened the door to leave.
    There were varied people bustling around as well as making conversation with other folks of the town. Targoth stretched, grabbed his steel mallet, and began to walk briskly towards the old blacksmiths shop.
    Targoth was an Orc. He had a single tooth on his right side protruding (more of a fang on the bottom half). True Orsimer looks decorated his face (makeup even), and the townspeople were reminded of his good nature as he greeted them when they walked past.
    Targoth entered the small blacksmiths' shop, His friend and mentor, Forloz, stood waiting for him.
    "You're late."
    Targoth smiled. "I may have overslept a little bit."
    He was about to get to work immediately after brandishing his mallet. There was armor and swords to be fixed.
    As he took steps to the back room, where twin forges lay as well as two anvils and a crate of tools that needed repair, Forloz extended his arm to stop him.
    "What?" Targoth was confused.
    "I just wanted you to have this... if you choose to..."
    He simply held out a steel piece.
    Targoth took it from his hands and admired it. Made of tempered steel, it would almost be indestructible. A thick steel rectangle on a leather-entwined handle that was a foot long (seemed like).
    Targoth mimed a smash in the air. Then commented "It's more of a warhammer, actually."
    Forloz smiled. "It is yours now, Targoth. Keep it if you want to make the..." He almost broke into tears.
    Targoth resisted a grin. Forloz could cry over the simplest things. Suddenly, his blacksmith mentor outstretched his arm once again, this time an envelope clenched in his fingers.
    Targoth took it without speaking.

Dear Targoth the Blacksmith,
    You must begin your journey for the temple of Dursim. You have always known where that is, but now you must go.
    A woman awaits leagues away, who needs you as a guard (and other things).
    Meet her there, and you life wishes, as I know you have them, will be fulfilled. Targoth, this is an adventure. You always have known you had to leave your friends. Forloz I hope had given the warhammer. It is enchanted to... hurt... more spiders. You will counter many of them.
    You are an Orsimer at heart, Targoth. You can fight. This may all be confusing now, but it will become more clear in due time.

From,
    Markrez the 3rd Angel

Lord Rokinges

Official Fanfiction Judge
    Avalyn threw the bottle of liquor as a reflex, but the man deftly caught it, and easily placed it lightly on a nearby table with a thin drunkard sitting at it.
    "Don't fight me. It wouldn't be wise.''
    Avalyn could not take her eyes off of his. "What...are you?" she asked tentatively.
    "I am called the Immortal Rider, as well the Pyre Fiend, the Catcher, and other names as well. To you, I am known as Destrian."
    The woman was about to speak, when he put his finger to his lips. "Can't wake these men," he murmured. He and his large dog crept outside, opening the door once again and walking into the gloom, beckoning here towards him.
    Destrian said, "I will give you some memories back, but I cannot do it personally. There is a Hidden Cult in these areas--"
    "Hold on. Hidden Cults? What are those?" Avalyn wanted to know.
    Destrian sighed. She really did not remember. "Hidden Cults? You were a part of three, and you turned on all of them? They are cults that spread themselves across villages and such, and are not widely "announcing" their names like the Cult of Kysa basically do. Some are the Dwellers, the Fiends, the... Angels."
    Avalyn wondered why he'd paused.
    "The one we are going to see- they are called the Dungeoneers. Be easy around them. Try not to blurt out... be nice to their leader. He could kill you with a touch."
    Avalyn followed him into the misty gloom. It was extremely hard to see a meter ahead of her, but Destrian seemed to know exactly where to go, despite his solid black eyes.
    "Why are your eyes black?" Avalyn covered her mouth. She didn't do that often (blurting out)... or did she?
    Destrian smiled. "You shot them out for me. A little favor... thats for that, anyway. They're made of onyx, which I put in a place in a small keep in a river so it would get worn smooth. The right pieces, I had a man named Silente (You will meet him) enchant. I can still see."
    Avalyn opened her mouth too ask yet another inquiry. He interrupted "We're here."
    She studied the door way next to them it seemed to have a score of claw or something down the front. Destrian pushed the heavy door open, they both walked through, into an extremely dark shop with one window. The door creaked behind them, then was gradually started to close, and slammed shut.
    A man appeared. Avalyn winced at the sudden appearance. The man had a cowl covering his face, but the little light in the room glinted off of a silver mask he was wearing. In one hand, he seemed to be holding pure shadow magic; the other held a black Witch Blade.
    With no words, the tendrils of shadow dissipated from his hand and he lunged at Avalyn. She tried to recoil, but the unknown man was too fast.
    A rush of memories hit her, and she passed out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts