• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

did you pirate skyrim?

• Total voters

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Halkin

pzzzztt
actually, thinking about the assasins creed early horrible piracy protection, its people like you who made that happen

so i have to put with draconian anti piracy tactics becase of pirates

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
On behald of all downloaders, to those who must insist that downloading is stealing:

We Don't Give A **** About That Law

'naff said....

And the point of having a rainbow sentence? To make you look stupid?

Anyway, that's nice that you don't give a fluff about the law. I feel the same way about certain laws. And break them too. I just downloaded a whole mess of songs from Youtube last night. And I was stealing.

When you download a game, any game, you're stealing. Whether you like to admit to or not.

Panthera

Don Gato
It's copyright not trademark. You don't have to profit from copyright infringement to be guilty of it. Unauthorized use of software is copyright infringement regardless of profit which is why a copyright owner can get a judgment for thousands of dollars against you even if you didn't make one penny from the use. While exact analogies between taking a tangible piece of property and intellectual property don't exist, the overarching principle of taking something that someone owns remains the same.

As the name implies, a person who owns the copyright owns the right to make copies of the original. When you use an illegal copy of it your violating that person's property rights. If you want a concession to the semantic argument that's fine but it doesn't change the fact that it's illegal and it's wrong.

Now gimme the keys to your car! Vroooooooooooooom!
Why are you telling me this... trademark, copyright... details, details... for what I was explaining to the guy really doesn't mater... it's registered.

EDIT: Btw I didn't justified my self.

Halkin

pzzzztt
And the point of having a rainbow sentence? To make you look stupid?

Anyway, that's nice that you don't give a fu** about the law. I feel the same way about certain laws. And break them too. I just downloaded a whole mess of songs from Youtube last night. And I was stealing.

When you download a game, any game, you're stealing. Whether you like to admit to or not.

i dont stop at stop signs either

Jersey Dagmar

I'm not saying to be perfect here. People make mistakes, and everyday folk do break the laws from time to time.​
My point is, is that trying to sugar coat said illegal activity is hilarious. You may not like the laws, but they are there. And you can break them at your own discretion. Just don't be surprised when the police are knocking at your door. Downloading music or games illegally may not always have them banging at your doorstep, but you never know.​

Halkin

pzzzztt
I'm not saying to be perfect here. People make mistakes, and everyday folk do break the laws from time to time.​
My point is, is that trying to sugar coat said illegal activity is hilarious. You may not like the laws, but they are there. And you can break them at your own discretion. Just don't be surprised when the police are knocking at your door. Downloading music or games illegally may not always have them banging at your doorstep, but you never know.​

i'm with you on this, i was just poking fun. what i do see is that pirates make me pay more for games and/or put up with stupid anti piracy check. recall the assasins creed shutdown if the my isp had a fart, it was a stonewall stop playing if my net connection went. i wonder why they did that

Panthera

Don Gato
i'm with you on this, i was just poking fun. what i do see is that pirates make me pay more for games and/or put up with stupid anti piracy check. recall the assasins creed shutdown if the my isp had a fart, it was a stonewall stop playing if my net connection went. i wonder why they did that
Bro... you should download it. :D

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
If you support the notion that the police can knock on my door because I downloaded a torrent, then I don't give a **** about you , either. Sorry. Time to kill this thread.

Just watch those who try to pursue the path of prosecution fail miserably.

EDIT I have already explained why I personally will not pay for Skyrim, even though it is worth it:

Steam=No Deal.

I spend money on deals that respect me.

Halkin

pzzzztt
If you support the notion that the police can knock on my door because I downloaded a torrent, then I don't give a **** about you , either. Sorry. Time to kill this thread.

i really hope the law sorts their plops out and do knock on your door. i see it as unlikely though, its what the basement dwellers hide behind

Jersey Dagmar

EDIT I have already explained why I personally will not pay for Skyrim, even though it is worth it:

Steam=No Deal.

I spend money on deals that respect me.

Man, you need to go back to grade school. Because your reading comprehension is plops. Where did it say I supported the police coming after you for downloading media illegally? I do the same plops! I merely said don't be surprised if and when they do. Crazier occurrences have happened in the United States and elsewhere. So it's not a stretch for the authorities to get bored and arrest your ass for what is a petty crime. There are bigger fish to fry out there. But, that doesn't mean they won't come after you.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
actually, thinking about the assasins creed early horrible piracy protection, its people like you who made that happen
I have to disagree. Misguided, ignorant, sort sighted business executives made that happen. As much as piracy may be illegal and wrong, restrictive DMR software and policies aren't an intelligent reaction or solution to the problem. It just frustrates and alienates legitimate consumers while pirates get to play "let's see who can set a new record for cracking the code." It's probably responsible for driving some legitimate consumers to get a cracked version.

Notwithstanding his stance on piracy, visionaries like Bill Gates made lemonade out of lemons by implementing iTunes as a cheap legal alternative to downloading illegal copies of music. The record industry's loss ultimately became Apple's gain. Had the RIAA been less stubborn, and more insightful and innovative early in the game it could have mitigated its damages exponentially by setting up something similar when it became aware of file sharing sites like Napster. It had millions of dollars to do so and could have buried sites like Napster with cheap legal downloading alternatives with enhancements that file sharing sites wouldn't have been able to compete with. Instead it reacted like a technological dinosaur, completely oblivious to the futility of trying to combat digital piracy in the manner it did, and in doing so it publicized the existence of illegal music file sharing sites to millions of new users who might otherwise never have learned of their existence.

Panthera

Don Gato
Guys you know what is funny?

Buying cocaine on iTUNES legally... Ironic isn't it? ;) :D

Jersey Dagmar

Oh and Skullrattla, if you obtained Skyrim free and illegally, then you have no right to complain about the game in anyway. Which I've seen you do around on the forums. Someone who has shelled out the 60 bones clearly has a more right to bitch and complain about the glitches and bugs. You my friend, don't.

Oland138

I would like someone to project where the industry would be without the internet. The world will never be perfect, and the internet is awesome.