• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

I really like this axe .
Kind of an Ebony Blade but for good guys.
After acquiring this weapon , I tempered it on a Grindstone and then went Vampire hunting to charge it up.
After about 10 undead kills , the charge bar for the Sun(fire) damage shows full but the Undead Killed count still keeps going up.

Does anyone know just how much sun damage the Rune Axe inflicts and whether there`s a damage cap ?

SilentCO1

Is it like a special axe? I haven't heard of the Rune Axe. I'm at the last part of the Dawnguard side right now though.

Adam Warlock

Keep doing the various radiant quests between the 4 quest givers until you get both the unique warhammer and shield from Florentius .
After some more quests(took 5 for me) , Florentius will give you the final "Lost Relic" quest for the axe

It`s very nice with a lean and mean look and does Sun damage depending on how many undead you`ve killed. It just doesn`t say how much damage you get and I can`t check it on Xbox.

Adam Warlock

If you burn through all of Sorine`s quests 1st to get the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow and the 3 enchanted bolts , you will only have to deal with Isran , Gunmar , and Florentius afterward. They will send you back and forth but eventually you`ll get there

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
I got the axe today and used it to smash my way through a Vampire nest. It is awesome, so is the rune shield, handy if you get surrounded although it sucks stamina like a bitch so have plenty of potions handy...

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
If you burn through all of Sorine`s quests 1st to get the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow and the 3 enchanted bolts , you will only have to deal with Isran , Gunmar , and Florentius afterward. They will send you back and forth but eventually you`ll get there
Do those ever come to a stopping point? I spent hours doing those quests and assumed they were infinite since there was no unique dialog and the locations were seemingly random. The only quests Florentius gave me were the Rescue quests which were few, he mostly just told me Gunmar wanted to talk to me.
I got fed up because I thought the rewards were supposedly scaled to the player's level but I kept getting crappy enchanted dwarven stuff and I'm level 42...hopefully I didn't get it, forget, and sell it right away like I did with all the other trash.

Adam Warlock

^ Sorine`s quests definitely end with finding The Exploding Dwarven Bolts of Shock
The Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow with exploding bolts is far from crappy imho
Only 3 Lost Relics quests total but Florentius , Gunmar , and Isran will give you others afterwards including search and destroy missions as well as assignments that call for cunning and stealth.

All in all , I like them better than the Companions` radiant quests .
At least they don`t insist on going with you !
Maybe I`m that way because I love killing Vampires almost as much as killing Thalmor.
Getting enchanted weapons and armor for doing it is just icing on the sweet roll

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I did all the crossbow quests. I've done a whole bunch of the other quests for Florentius, Gunmar, and Isran, but it's very boring because it's the same few quests over and over again, right down to the dialog and journal entries, that are seemingly infinite. I was just wondering if they ever end or if I was right to just say screw it.

Adam Warlock

Each game is different .
I`m at level 81 .
Perhaps the Rune Axe is level dependent ?
If it helps to know , I had to do around 2 dozen total between the 4 givers before the Axe became available

perkecet

^ Sorine`s quests definitely end with finding The Exploding Dwarven Bolts of Shock
The Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow with exploding bolts is far from crappy imho
Only 3 Lost Relics quests total but Florentius , Gunmar , and Isran will give you others afterwards including search and destroy missions as well as assignments that call for cunning and stealth.

All in all , I like them better than the Companions` radiant quests .
At least they don`t insist on going with you !
Maybe I`m that way because I love killing Vampires almost as much as killing Thalmor.
Getting enchanted weapons and armor for doing it is just icing on the sweet roll
you can also find a dozen or so of each type of the exploding bolts by going through the puzzle dungeon in back of fort dawnguard. it's actually quite fun as well.