• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Is pretty much everyone doing the Dark Brotherhood storyline? I wanted to try it as I heard the rewards are great, and some of the weapons/armour you can get are well worth it. I'm about 2 contracts in, and to tell you all the honest truth, I feel like a real jack hole doing what I'm doing. Yes I know it's a game, but I really wanted to do the "hero" thing my first go-round. This is the polar opposite of how I wanted to play, but I suppose I'm kind of stuck for now.

I sure hope I have enough gold by the end to pay off all my bounty's that I have!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
For a stealth based character, the Dark Brotherhood has the best rewards in my opinion. Here is why:

*SPOILERS*
1.)Muiri's Ring- It makes potions and poisons 15% stronger. While this is not really significant, one can simply disenchant this so that they can make powerful enchanted clothing that stacks well with Alchemy.
2.)Nightweaver's Band- Sneak is 10% better and Destruction costs 10% less to cast. This supports two essential skills for a Nightblade archetype. Not to mention, you can increase your enchanting skill because of the double enchantment.
3.)Olava's Token- When you receive this, you will have to meet Olava in Whiterun. She tells your fortune. This is where you look for an assassin, only to find his corpse lying with a much more powerful version of the Shrouded Armor. You are immune to Poison! This is a plus if you don't have the Dragon Priest Hevnoraak's mask(100% Resistant to both Poison and Disease). Also, bows do 35% more damage! This stacks very well with an Archer type character.
4.)Shadowmere- This is the most powerful horse in the entire game! He can be very much of a lifesaver in numerous situations.
5.)Blade of Woe- Out of all the daggers in the entire game, this has the most base damage! Also, it is enchanted with an Absorb Health by 10 points enchantment. If you have a very high Pickpocket skill and have the perk where you can take equipped weapons, you can get this early on. Plus, near the end of the storyline, there will be another Blade of Woe lying on the ground. This means you have a duplicate of the best dagger in the game! This stacks beautifully with Assassin's Blade, as well as Dual Flurry and Dual Savagery.
6.)Followers- At the end of the Dark Brotherhood storyline, you have access to two or three followers, depending on a choice you have to make later on in the game. The first two that you are automatically awarded are Dark Brotherhood Initiates. They can make things easier for you. Then there is Cicero. A number of people on here are constantly annoyed by his Character. However, he is perhaps THE BEST FOLLOWER in the entire game! His sneak skill is 100. He is the only follower who WON'T screw things up by making both you and him discovered in any dungeon or any place that is filled with enemies. Also, he's a level 50 NPC.

The only other storyline that has just as good of a reward, if not better, is the Thieves Guild. Simply, it's because of the Nightingale armor. It supports the sneak skill, as well as illusion, fortifies stamina, and adds a resistance to frost. The enchantment is level-based. If you want the best results from it, do not get the Nightingale armor until you are level 32 or higher.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Heroes are overrated.

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Heroes are overrated.

Ha! Very true in most cases. I guess my main question is if you can redeem yourself once this quest line is done and over with?

Professor Skalvar

What point would there be in redeeming yourself for following orders to kill?

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
What point would there be in redeeming yourself for following orders to kill?

I guess I'm just worried about walking into say Riverwood, or some other town I've completed an assasination in and being attacked by everyone and their dog. I guess we'll play out the story line and see what happens! Maybe the 20,000 septims you get after killing the Emperor is for paying off a bounty here and there!

Epsilon

Shaun
Does the dark brotherhood offer good gear for a aplly/cleric type build? or is it mostly rogue gear?

Neriad13

Premium Member
Is pretty much everyone doing the Dark Brotherhood storyline? I wanted to try it as I heard the rewards are great, and some of the weapons/armour you can get are well worth it. I'm about 2 contracts in, and to tell you all the honest truth, I feel like a real jack hole doing what I'm doing. Yes I know it's a game, but I really wanted to do the "hero" thing my first go-round. This is the polar opposite of how I wanted to play, but I suppose I'm kind of stuck for now.

I sure hope I have enough gold by the end to pay off all my bounty's that I have!

That's why I'm planning to make a new character to play through all the "evil" quests (mainly the Thieves' Guild, the Dark Brotherhood and the daedric quests) only after I'm well and done with being a hero.

trekie4ever

Ah my first post. If someone asks me to do it.... I do it! Whether its stealing some argonian ale saving the princess from Bowser or killing everything in my path.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Professor Skalvar

I guess I'm just worried about walking into say Riverwood, or some other town I've completed an assasination in and being attacked by everyone and their dog. I guess we'll play out the story line and see what happens! Maybe the 20,000 septims you get after killing the Emperor is for paying off a bounty here and there!
If you know how to kill somebody stealthily, you really shouldn't have any bounty other than the one you get in Solitude because of this "wedding" you have to attend to.

You may as well edit the thread to have the prefix "Spoilers" because this is another spoiler concerning the 20,000 septims you mentioned. You get them so that you can later on restore the Dawnstar Sanctuary, which costs 19,000 septims.

Necromis

I did the DB quest line on both my sneak characters. I have a Thalmor Mage right now and she would never do such a thing so I think I will end up killing Astrid and doing the destroy the DB quest line instead. I think it all matters on your role playing style and if you consider yourself a killer or a thief. If you think of yourself as a killer by all means do it, but if you think of yourself as more a thief then you might not want to do it. If it is just for the best stealth killer gear then do it at least till you get to the sancturary and get the DB gear, then blow off the rest.