• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swaggajack

Forum nooblet - PS3 Master race
Anyone else go to bed a couple of nights ago, only to wake up and find your Galaxy S5 updated itself, and changed how things look on your phone? I got used to the dark blue/black screen when you pulled the notification tab down, when you were looking at options in the settings app, the dark screened calculator, all that jazz. Ive had my S5 Active since last december, i remember its battery life was absolutely amazing for the first month or so until feburary, when i was first forced to update my phone. After that first update, my phone was overheating, and battery draining for absolutely no reason that i could determine. I rarely use my phone, especially when im out and about - i try not to be a phone zombie, as antisocial as i am, it just feels wrong to be glued to a phone constantly lol

I finally found a way to keep my battery drainage at a minimum, and i do believe the darker screen helped that. I always kept my screen brightness at its lowest, and found the 'active app' widget, glued it to my home screen, and made sure to kill every app after i finished using it.

Basically what im trying to get at, is that i believe Samsung is trying to kill our batteries quicker by making the utility screens white, making your phone work harder to display images. Black screens use less energy that white screens, thats just a fact. Theres no way to go back to the darker screens, its all bright white now, try going to display, there is NO option to change it back, save for battery saving by going to greyscale...ive had this phone for 6 months in total, im not buying an S6, and would greatly appreciate it if Samsung would stop trying to force my relatively new phone into obsolescence by forcing battery draining updates upon me.

cup-o-rage.jpg