18+ (Closed) An Era of Dusk

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Morbidbread

Fight for the lost
    Oh man, guys, I was just looking over my card for Thoras, and it is a disgusting mess. I'll fix it a little later tonight, but some things I should point out right now for the sake of clarity: His shaft of his glaive is just under two meters, so with the blade, it's about six and a half feet all together. (I figure five feet for the blade, a foot and a half for the blade itself. Also, he's only got one ruby earring, in his right ear.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Happens to everybody. But the glaive thing gives me an idea for Kaliirs' comeback.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Alrighty then. I'll probably get a post up for Lorkas tomorrow. Is there anything specific I should include?

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Can't speak for Madrar, but I can't think of anything specific you need to include.

TheArgonianDrell

He is, generally. The idea behind him is kind of a gentle giant. He's willing to help pretty much anyone, so long as they aren't pure evil or just some giant, racist asshole. I've wanted to write Sothas since Thesius first started Demons in the Dark three or four years ago. But every roleplay I posted his card in fell apart before we could get started. Knock on wood, hopefully everyone can stay with this and it continues to completion.

Rafen

Ah, man. I hate when promising stories fall apart. But it looks like we have a good cast of writers here, and I'm loving the story so far.I can get behind the idea of Sothas as a gentle giant type dude until he's angry, then he sort of hulks out? But isn't Andre Mareks Lorkas taller?

TheArgonianDrell

Yeah, I think Lorkas is at 6'5" and Sothas is only 6'0", but I imagine Sothas being a little more broad shouldered and muscular, whereas Lorkas is kinda more athletically built? @Andre Marek can specify on that better than I can, since Lorkas is his character, of course. Sothas is still a big dude, though, at a little under 200lbs.

Rafen

Yeah, guess he'd have to be pretty strong to haul a tower shield and a longsword/cleaver type thing. Out of curiousity, why a cleaver instead of a greatsword or something like that? Is it an argonian thing?

TheArgonianDrell

Actually, I got the original idea for Sothas from Yhorm the Giant, in DS3 he wields a big ass machete/cleaver type sword in game. Plus I wanted something unique, and I figured a sword like Sothas' isn't something you see everyday.

Andre Marek

Yeah I kinda figure Lorkas as being fairly athletic but not huge. More like lean and toned from travel but not bulky.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Alright, if I can't post in a few hours, it'll probably be early tomorrow.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Okay, I'm going to start wrapping up Dragonsbridge. I plan to have the captain of the guard come check up on us and point us in the right direction.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Should be able to post in a few hours. I'm guessing the captain is just here to give us the boot? @Madrar but is there any particular reason for it? As in, did we stumble across something we shouldn't have?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    There's no denying he's a bit of a racist dick. Basically, he's there to make sure you guys are actually doing what you're being paid to do.

@Andre Marek when the captain shows up and starts talking, the gem Lorkas picked up is going to give off a small magical pulse. Very much like a heartbeat. Nothing super noticeable or uncomfortable, just...reacting to something.

Make of that what you will.

Also, @Thesius feel free to have the captain be as much of a dick as you'd like in your post. I'll also be sending you a message about Morthal in a bit.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Alright, I know I said I'd get a post up last night, but something came up. Should have something posted in four to five hours, depending how much sleep I get.

update: Okay, post is up. Sorry guys, I really meant to get the post up earlier, but I was knocked out pretty much as soon as I posted my previous response.

Last edited:

Rafen

Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here and interested, since I haven't really posted much. I'll have something up once we ger moving again. How're we all faring with the quarantine still in effect?

Andre Marek

Well hopefully you've been doing well. As far as quarantining goes I'm alright. Been hiding for a few weeks now haha. We actually had a bit of a scare here recently. I'm from Nova Scotia, where we just had a bit of a situation over the weekend. Other than that it hasn't been too bad I suppose. How about you guys?

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    I heard about the shootings. That was quite tragic. Glad they got the guy before it got any worse. Quarantine wise, not too much new on my end.