Challenging Enemies @ Level 45? Sure.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
So was feeling pretty much invincible due to the fact that I can kill Frost Trolls with a few whacks of my mace and Dragons once grounded are toast. The fact that I've leveled up armor and one handed perks almost to the max just increasing my confidence. That is until I entered this cave to retrieve a book for the College librarian and ran into about five or six high level mages who pretty much destroyed me during my first efforts to kill them. I succeeded eventually via bow and arrow and despite my cursing and frustration am still appreciative of the fact that Skyrim still offers a challenge past the point when many players consider themselves gods.

It's real inconsistent. I leveled up to where I owned bears just with punches and killed most enemies with one shot of my arrow and then some forsworn, mage or dragon just wipes me out. (once in a blue moon) You never know when some amazing force will be behind some an enemy. I finally raised my difficulty level up one more than the default.

Notmy420

Yeah this game is really random. At times I sort of wish that enemies displayed their levels, with a system similar to World of Warcraft's. But as for your mage problems I'd suggest getting some gear with +Magic Resist and/or speccing into reduce magic damage intake.. I don't know what type of class you're playing so I can't really help you any further than that. But I hope this helps. Happy huntings ^_^

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Ah, enemy level scaling. You go to a bandit camp at level 3, you'll likely only find generic "Bandits" with maybe a "Bandit Outlaw" as the boss; if you go to that same bandit camp at level 23 you're likely to be dealing mostly with "Bandit Outlaws" and "Bandit Thugs" as the regular enemies with a "Bandit Plunderer" as the boss.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Ah, enemy level scaling. You go to a bandit camp at level 3, you'll likely only find generic "Bandits" with maybe a "Bandit Outlaw" as the boss; if you go to that same bandit camp at level 23 you're likely to be dealing mostly with "Bandit Outlaws" and "Bandit Thugs" as the regular enemies with a "Bandit Plunderer" as the boss.
Yeah, some of those bandit types can be pretty hard ass.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
You can get the Agent of Mara reward for a quest in Riften from Dinya Balu at the Temple of Mara that will give you +15% magic resist passively. You can pick up the Lord Stone for +25% magic resist, you can spec 5 perks into alteration for +30% magic resist, you can use the Atronach Stone which absorbs 50% of magic attacks that hit you, to name a few ways to protect. Unless your point wasn't to get help with magic, it was just to appreciate the difficulty at your level.. then yeah, it's nice. That happened to me with Malkoran in Meridia's quest. I was getting OHKO'd by his Ice Storm.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
You can get the Agent of Mara reward for a quest in Riften from Dinya Balu at the Temple of Mara that will give you +15% magic resist passively. You can pick up the Lord Stone for +25% magic resist, you can spec 5 perks into alteration for +30% magic resist, you can use the Atronach Stone which absorbs 50% of magic attacks that hit you, to name a few ways to protect. Unless your point wasn't to get help with magic, it was just to appreciate the difficulty at your level.. then yeah, it's nice. That happened to me with Malkoran in Meridia's quest. I was getting OHKO'd by his Ice Storm.
Yeah, I wasn't really looking for help in resisting magic but thanks for the tips all the same. It wouldn't do to be completely invincible now would it?;) I actually enjoy the fact my character can still get his ass kicked by someone despite my frantic yelling at the TV when it's happening...:p

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
dont forget some rings and necklaces with magic resist. 17% each = 34% magic resist. Add to that the agent of mara and thats up to 49% resist. No perks used, no stones used. Twin enchantments means you could add 35% fire/frost/shock resist to those pieces each. Of course you need some perks in enchanting for this.

Adam Warlock

The 3 toughest level capped enemies in my late game still give a great fight and can kill me if I`m not very careful.
1. Swarms of Falmer Shadowmasters with poisoned honed weapons
2. Volkihar Master Vampires wearing Glass or Orcish armor
3. Dragr Deathlords and Overlords using Shouts and Ebony weapons
When I was grinding skills after level 50 , I was personally glad to have some lower level-locked Bandit and Forsworn sites where my life wasn`t constantly on the line.