Caravanners of Elsweyr - Khajiit Caravan Guild

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
I'm glad that you understand your characters role, jarif.

jarif

Is it me? Or did like, half of the conversation we just had get sent to Oblivion?

Long story short, we've been featured on Shoddycast! Check it out!
37:44

Now then, who would like to donate $10 dollars this week? If I recall, I think Dradin had offered, awesome!
Tora, I hope life isn't too big of a b1tch to you, if so, you just go ahead and slap the sh1t out of life!
AS88, you keep being awesome like you are, my friend.
Jarif, you keep at doing what you're doing, it's working great.
Majir'dar, you keep writing those books, because you are the best at it!

Lets focus on increasing our member roster and keep on garnering support. Tamriel Foundry looks like one of our biggest hubs to drive attention to the Caravan, but Shoddycast will really drive it home!

Great work Caravanners of Elsweyr, lets keep it up!

Unfortunately I can't donate since I'm a teenager lol :sadface:

AS88

Staff member
Is it me? Or did like, half of the conversation we just had get sent to Oblivion?

Long story short, we've been featured on Shoddycast! Check it out!
37:44

Now then, who would like to donate $10 dollars this week? If I recall, I think Dradin had offered, awesome!
Tora, I hope life isn't too big of a b1tch to you, if so, you just go ahead and slap the sh1t out of life!
AS88, you keep being awesome like you are, my friend.
Jarif, you keep at doing what you're doing, it's working great.
Majir'dar, you keep writing those books, because you are the best at it!

Lets focus on increasing our member roster and keep on garnering support. Tamriel Foundry looks like one of our biggest hubs to drive attention to the Caravan, but Shoddycast will really drive it home!

Great work Caravanners of Elsweyr, lets keep it up!

This is the first time I've seen this, but wooo!

Rayven, do you know anything about this? Notifications acting strangely and posts going missing and ordered incorrectly.

jarif

Hope you like it. I tried to stay with AS88 and my own style as much as possible of the two original draft (My first draft and AS88's version). Forgive me if Ri’Karav and J'kaasha new added dialogue doesn't fit. Any feedback and discussion related or some stupid mistake by me about this would be greatly appreciated. :)
It's interesting... A bit of constructive criticism...
• No one, not even the Dragonborn can cross the Alk'r desert without any water. Just no...
• Ri'Karav's dialogue is odd. Not really in his character.
• Your Khajiit speaks immaculate English
• Plot is way to wacky. Just hard to follow.
• Finally, your character or father seems to have an odd hate for Aldmeri soldiers. Why?

Their is a particular reason, not sure where it said either one of them hate Aldermi soldiers but I am leaving that to your imagination, their is some sort of a link or association but I might reveal it later or when I feel like it but its up to your imagination :)

jarif

I have tweaked the story and sorted out some problems. I would like to know what you think of it with the music. Is it sad? Stuff like that would be appreciated :)

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I've been thinking about it and I've decided that I'm going to expand Majir-Dar's story. It'll include: more information about Aahin (his wife), more information on Majir-Dar's parents, more information on the surrounding Altmer, and more information on Kardmen (Majir-Dar's mentor).

jarif

I've been thinking about it and I've decided that I'm going to expand Majir-Dar's story. It'll include: more information about Aahin (his wife), more information on Majir-Dar's parents, and more information on the surrounding Altmer.

That's cool, look forward to it.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I just discovered that my name is wrong... Dar is a prefix, not a suffix.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Any suggestions would be helpful. I need to make an excuse as to why his name is messed up.

AS88

Staff member
Any suggestions would be helpful. I need to make an excuse as to why his name is messed up.

Don't want your title to precede you, perhaps?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

Roq'ja

High Value Target of the Dark Brotherhood
A pat on the back for everyone!
Our Caravan members roster jumped from a mere 4 to a whopping 16 in one weekend! Thats four times the original amount! And is still growing!

Sweetrolls for everyone!

AS88

Staff member

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Don't want your title to precede you, perhaps?
I uh, don't know what you mean. Could you please explain.

Ermm.. I don't know I else I can explain...

Like, you'd rather be known for your deeds and your own name, rather than the title you've been given.
Oh, sorry, I was in a shocked state of mind for awhile. As mentioned when I joined, I consider myself knowledgeable of Khajiiti lore. Imagine how I felt when I found out something I've been using for so long was false.

I'll think of something for his name, something to do with his parents, Kardmen, or Aahin. Like, Aahin always jested with Dar'Majir and instead called him Majir-Dar. When she died he started calling himself Majir-Dar to remember the special moments he had with his beloved.

AS88

Staff member
I uh, don't know what you mean. Could you please explain.

Ermm.. I don't know I else I can explain...

Like, you'd rather be known for your deeds and your own name, rather than the title you've been given.
Oh, sorry, I was in a shocked state of mind for awhile. As mentioned when I joined, I consider myself knowledgeable of Khajiiti lore. Imagine how I felt when I found out something I've been using for so long was false.

I'll think of something for his name, something to do with his parents, Kardmen, or Aahin. Like, Aahin always jested with Dar'Majir and instead called him Majir-Dar. When she died he started calling himself Majir-Dar to remember the special moments he had with his beloved.
"Khajiit names, particularly among males, often have a prefix before them, usually though not always separated by an apostrophe. In general, the rest of the name following the prefix should be capitalized, though the games are not consistent on this point. Some names also have a hyphenated suffix (e.g.: '-Dar') indicating two titles which, according to Jobasha in Morrowind, is considered foolish"
- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit_Names

Perhaps Majir had another title as a prefix, but abandoned it in favour of the new one, but decided to leave it at the end? Maybe Majir-Dar used to be Ja'Majir-Dar?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
"Khajiit names, particularly among males, often have a prefix before them, usually though not always separated by an apostrophe. In general, the rest of the name following the prefix should be capitalized, though the games are not consistent on this point. Some names also have a hyphenated suffix (e.g.: '-Dar') indicating two titles which, according to Jobasha in Morrowind, is considered foolish"

Perhaps Majir had another title as a prefix, but abandoned it in favour of the new one, but decided to leave it at the end? Maybe Majir-Dar used to be Ja'Majir-Dar?

Thanks for the suggestion but Majir-Dar isn't foolish by any standard.

I actually really liked my other idea involving Aahin.

AS88

Staff member

Thanks for the suggestion but Majir-Dar isn't foolish by any standard.

I actually really liked my other idea involving Aahin.

Just because some Dark Elf said it, doesn't mean it's true though. He's your character, though, your choice.

jarif

I know I'v said this multiple times but I must know :rolleyes: What did you think of reading the backstory with the music?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I know I'v said this multiple times but I must know :rolleyes: What did you think of reading the backstory with the music?
I don't read while listening to music, it distracts me from the text.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts