• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nyar ZuZimbrac

When I first started using the creation kit I could use the preview window (located under 'view--preview window') just fine. However, recently it won't seem to open for me. If I try opening it, all my windows lose focus like normal but the window won't pop up. The preview window does appear in the "Open Windows" window. I thought maybe it was stuck off screen but that doesn't seem to be it either.

I've tried opening the the preview window without any .esm or .esp loaded, I've tried with just the main .esm, and I've tried reinstalling the creation kit. Still nothing. I don't receive any errors or warnings either.

I am curious if anyone else is having this issue as well? I'm also, ultimately, looking for a situation. I'd really like to be able to view models without haven't to load them into the game, especially grass and tress which can't be loaded in by just dragging and dropping ';,..,;'

The HD gamer

Ok so im having a sort of problem like that. ALL of my windows i accidently closed and they wont open now at all. (render,object,cell veiw windows)

Bumpytoe

I am having a problem when creating an npc in the creation kit, where the preview window won't load, showing nothing for the preview. I've tried adjusting my resolution and uninstalling and reinstalling. This is incredibly annoying as i cannot see what my npcs will look like :sadface: any suggestions?

Kevin Howard

I was having the same problem where one day the preview window just stopped working for no apparent reason. I had to go to my skyrim folder and methodically delete all of the files that were installed when creation kit was installed, including skyrimeditor.ini and skyrimeditorprefs.ini, then go back and reinstall it. That fixed it for me anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts