Cannot pick Smithing perk

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have reached level 55 in Smithing but I cannot activate the Advanced Armors perk. I do have the Elven perk active and have 4 perks to spare. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ambiiientz

Are you wearing any Fortify Smithing gear? If so, take it off and see what your actual skill level is.

Are you wearing any Fortify Smithing gear? If so, take it off and see what your actual skill level is.
No, straight vanilla Elven, no ring, necklace or amulet.

ShadowGambit

Is your level in Smithing appears in red? If so you have something that increase your level, so your real level is not 50.

If not, then it may be a bug.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Are you using any new mods since the last character you made that picked the Advanced Armors perk? Did you download any DLC since then?

No mods or DLC (PS3 owner). No problems in Effects. I can add the other, higher, perks on the Heavy branch, just cannot travel up the Light.
Since the only reason for going above Elven is aesthetics, I may stay there, and use the perk elsewhere.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts